I have ants!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 02:26 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have ants!

This is a first for me... went up to Calistoga (wine country n. california) day after I get back there are ants crawling into my trunk! Some are even outside at the back around the engine!

Might have been the tree I parked under overnight. I didnt have any sweets in the car and I never eat in the car... so its kind of a mystery.

Actually it was funny, first thing that crossed my mind was Porsche must have used some sort of chemical/adhesive for some purpose that accidently attracted ants, is that just insane?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:58 AM
Dr 997
Racer

Hey, I have the same problem. First day I parked it in my garage, then I noticed later ants crawling over the hood, A pillar, and windshield. I didn't have food in it either, and we never had ants in the garage before. They're not creating ant trails, just randomly crawling over the car. How strange? Perhaps they like the color (I have a Seal Grey 997S cab).

Jimmy
Old 08-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Well the ants have good taste ;-)

Also the added weight up front may help with the traction!

I'm sorry I don't mean to trivialise and really don't have much of a solution... I am intrgued about the Seal Grey theory though. I'm going to check mine (Seal Grey as well!). I may do an ant test... once I devised one!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:37 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

I guess I better repaint my car yellow, no, wait , that might attract butterflies! ; )
Old 08-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kauai_diver
This is a first for me... went up to Calistoga (wine country n. california) day after I get back there are ants crawling into my trunk! Some are even outside at the back around the engine!

Might have been the tree I parked under overnight. I didnt have any sweets in the car and I never eat in the car... so its kind of a mystery.

Actually it was funny, first thing that crossed my mind was Porsche must have used some sort of chemical/adhesive for some purpose that accidently attracted ants, is that just insane?
Are they inside the car? If not, then you can probably just spray the trunk, the Hood (including compartments) with ant spray, agent orange, whatever, and then drive at like 150 or so to blow off the rest. Painless and fun

If theyre in the cabin...spray ur car, windows up and leave it for a day or so if possible. Then come back, vaccume the carcases, and drive with the windows down and air on (not A/C) to get the chemicals out.

I've had a similar issue with flies. Whatever the problem may be, it can't be as bad as this poor batard:

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...=&postid=84290
Old 08-15-2006, 11:43 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Nope not inside from what I could tell which goes to show how good the insulation is.... But I'll find out for sure when I drive to work this morning.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:33 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ammonia based cleaners do wonders at encouraging ants to go elsewhere and are relatively safe
Old 08-15-2006, 01:47 PM
snarf
Instructor

Just out of curiosity what do you guys use to polish/wax your cars?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:06 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 261 Likes on 142 Posts

It may be your car wax. Some certainly smell sweet, that's for sure. I have a sure fire way to rid them though. Get a steak knife and stab all the visible ones. Then get some flamable material and pour it all over your car, including the inside. Light it up and watch them burn. No more ants!
Old 08-15-2006, 03:01 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Funny...I had ants and flying ants infiltrate my garage this year for the first time. They were coming up from under the garage floor on the side where my 997S is aprked and the side where my Cayenne S is parked....did'nt come anywhere near the Mercedes.

They just kind of ran around in circles under and around the Porsches until I killed them off with some spray.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:40 PM
CBejbl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had ant attacks on my motorcycles before. It seemed they were eating the dead bugs.

Quick Reply: I have ants!