Old 08-09-2006, 02:05 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Lowered 997 C4S cab...

I just love the lines of the widebody 997C4S. Much improved over the 996 version. But thank heavens there are now lowering kits available for these. Took a while. Either way it's still a great summer cruiser and it's now been lowered, EVO intake, exhaust, headers and GIAC flash. We haven't figured out the wheel situation yet- but soon. The ride isn't much stiffer so no loss there.
Attached Images      
Old 08-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Flog it in good health!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:24 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Would love to but it's not mine Just a customers... would make for darn good California cruiser tho!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:08 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you change only the springs? Is it a PASM car? Who's kit did you use?

MC
Old 08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Alex,

Check your e-mail.

MC
Old 08-09-2006, 06:09 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by H20NOO
Did you change only the springs? Is it a PASM car? Who's kit did you use?

MC
MC, that's correct it is a PASM car and usually we go with the H&R kit on the narrowbody cars but this is a widebody and the only kit available is the Tech Art one, which is about double the price...
Old 08-10-2006, 01:22 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

I guess I'm uncool because it just looks like the suspension has gone out to me. Way too low for my taste.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:40 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ronmart, you're kidding right??? I think it looks perfect!!!! (but I also think my 993 would look better a touch lower in front....BUT....I don't dare do it...I be scraping driveways everywhere)
Old 08-10-2006, 01:55 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 2ndof2
ronmart, you're kidding right??? I think it looks perfect!!!! (but I also think my 993 would look better a touch lower in front....BUT....I don't dare do it...I be scraping driveways everywhere)
Yeah, it just isn't my bag. Lowered cars remind me of this:

Old 08-10-2006, 10:14 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

That looks like sh*t. The wheels do not appear perpendicular to the ground, indicating the suspension is in need of repair. Caster and toe-in do not appear set correctly. This does not look as if it was done professionally.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too think the rear of my C2S looks more like an SUV in the rear!

I'd lov to have H&R's on her, but with the Aero it's just asking for more lower lip issues. Already it looks like a hair lip! This time I'm installing a GT3 lower lip as these are matte black anyway.

Those stupid "lowriders" look with all the air/hydro suspension are the worst ever! No thought to ride quality, just "how low can you go" type attitude.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 08-11-2006, 02:05 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure that most people who own high performance automobiles and lower them are generally looking for performance enhancement. Function follows form or the other way around?? My car is about as low as I can have it without having scraping issues. Its about the height 993's came from the factory that stayed overseas vs. the ones that are sitting higher due to US bumper regs. Looks to me like that 997 cab is sitting low enough to have that performance look to it but not so low that the wheels sit up in the wheel wells like those ridiculous SUVs. I do think that at the ride height shown the owner is going to have to be vigilant not to scrape the front or the pipe tips. To each his own!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:20 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

I can say after a hard day at the track yesterday and a fun day at a Porsche Club Skills Day in June that there is virtually no squat, dive, or roll in my car with PASM in Sports mode, and that included letting a pro driver who won the Rolex 24 hours of Daytona driving my car at 8/10's yesterday (since it wasn't his). Even he commented that these things are surgical instruments right from the factory (and he races 997's - go to http://www.teamseattle.com to see his car). I asked him if there was any mods I should consider and they were all based on saving weight and gaining power. He said the brakes, steering, short shifter and suspension are perfect and don't need a thing.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:34 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

The ages old issue of US vice ROW suspension settings isn't really an issue for me with my S cabriolet. I think it's a reasonable compromise between outstanding handling and dealing with highly compromised road maintenance in the States. If it were any lower I'd be in the shop routinely for nose work. I found, too, that factory suspension settings ultimately result in the best handling. With your lowered settings sharkey, are you still able to kick in the PSM, or is that given up with that mod?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:18 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Deanski
I too think the rear of my C2S looks more like an SUV in the rear!

I'd lov to have H&R's on her, but with the Aero it's just asking for more lower lip issues. Already it looks like a hair lip! This time I'm installing a GT3 lower lip as these are matte black anyway.

Those stupid "lowriders" look with all the air/hydro suspension are the worst ever! No thought to ride quality, just "how low can you go" type attitude.

Regards,
Deanski
The H&R's on an aerokit will make the front end scrape- that is for sure. We've done that a few time. The rear end is pretty high though- you are right.

Quick Reply: Lowered 997 C4S cab...