Old 08-11-2006, 01:31 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
I can say after a hard day at the track yesterday and a fun day at a Porsche Club Skills Day in June that there is virtually no squat, dive, or roll in my car with PASM in Sports mode, and that included letting a pro driver who won the Rolex 24 hours of Daytona driving my car at 8/10's yesterday (since it wasn't his). Even he commented that these things are surgical instruments right from the factory (and he races 997's - go to http://www.teamseattle.com to see his car). I asked him if there was any mods I should consider and they were all based on saving weight and gaining power. He said the brakes, steering, short shifter and suspension are perfect and don't need a thing.

Well on the track a roof would absolutely make it better, in terms of stiffness and being lighter too.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:33 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
The ages old issue of US vice ROW suspension settings isn't really an issue for me with my S cabriolet. I think it's a reasonable compromise between outstanding handling and dealing with highly compromised road maintenance in the States. If it were any lower I'd be in the shop routinely for nose work. I found, too, that factory suspension settings ultimately result in the best handling. With your lowered settings sharkey, are you still able to kick in the PSM, or is that given up with that mod?
Absolutely Dan. It still works just the same with PASM. Further down the line Bilstein will have their PSS9 kit available for PASM cars as well with a plug-in harness.

Quick Reply: Lowered 997 C4S cab...