Sponsored by:

couple questions about PSE

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 09:49 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I recall reading somewhere that the wiring/controls for PSE on the 996 and 997 are very different and that the 996 hack will not work for the 997. Can someone confirm? Thanks.
The early versions of PSE for the 997 didn't have a switch. It was just a flap that moved based on pressure. It was dreadful so most people and dealerships would send a coat hanger up the tube and break that thing.

Porsche introduced the switchable version in the last couple of years of the 996's life (IIRC) and that version is identical to what we have today. There is a guy called OrientExpress (I think) on another board (RennTech I think) that has great details about all of this stuff and a picture of the 996 version being installed with the swtich. Search for Orient on the 997 forum and you'll probably find the link.

Rolf - AWESOME job - I'd love to do that on mine! SWEET! Too bad you didn't take pics for a step by step tutorial!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Rolf Stumberger
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
The early versions of PSE for the 997 didn't have a switch. It was just a flap that moved based on pressure. It was dreadful so most people and dealerships would send a coat hanger up the tube and break that thing.

Porsche introduced the switchable version in the last couple of years of the 996's life (IIRC) and that version is identical to what we have today. There is a guy called OrientExpress (I think) on another board (RennTech I think) that has great details about all of this stuff and a picture of the 996 version being installed with the swtich. Search for Orient on the 997 forum and you'll probably find the link.

Rolf - AWESOME job - I'd love to do that on mine! SWEET! Too bad you didn't take pics for a step by step tutorial!

My PSE is scheduled to arrive this week and installed next Tues.
If you are interested, I will be happy to take a few pictures when I install my switch.

Quick Reply: couple questions about PSE