Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do with a Current Order given Pending Facelift?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Get your order. Always something newer, faster, facelifted etc. Pinch your nose in jump in.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:49 PM
MHK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My current order, as some of you might have seen from prior posts, is extremely specialized. Significant leather options, unique color combination. I don't think the dealer would be too happy to hold the car..............
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Carbon_Ted
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbon_Ted
Firmly in the minority here, but I'd wait for the facelift-- IF the rumor about a Spring '07 release is accurate. ...and you know with Porsche, even if true we won't hear definitive word one until April!
As for price, imo there's no way they'll increase base MSRP more than into the mid-$80s for a base 3.8 litre 997 over a one-year transition, notwithstanding +20hp and curtailment of PAG's $/e hedging.

Would your dealer object to keeping your incoming spec-ordered '07 for inventory? ....don't want to create bad kar karma in that regard either by leaving the dealer with a car they may not have otherwise ordered.
Originally Posted by icon
and you currently have which porsche?
..my point exactly. Easy for me to say. Mine's a 997TT deposit for delivery in Spring, so yeah my headlights are pointed OUT the driveway. Hell if there's any merit to the facelift rumors I'm inclined to bump my allocation an add'l quarter if it means factory sat radio, bluetooth, LED's on the Turbo. What did that freaky exercise chick used to say--- stop the insanity
Old 07-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how far ahead of launch did we see 997 or 997 C4/S or 997GT3 or 997TT? I really can't remember but it seems it was more than a year in advance of launch.

I also wonder whether Porsche made a mistake by making the "4's" wide body. It might have been smarter to make the "S" versions wider, either C2S or C4S, where you could argue that the greater performance needed wider tires.

What we might be seeing is a mid-model correction where we move to 380hp "S" models that are wide body and have the red rear reflector strip and the standard models are narrow body and do without the strip.

Chi sa? Who knows for sure, but it's a fun game to play.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:22 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy it as soon as you can find one that fits you. Don't wait for poop. Life is short.

Bad *** machines, jolly women, bitchin' weather... the holy trinity.

Get the bad *** machine.

Quick Reply: What would you do with a Current Order given Pending Facelift?