Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car and Driver test C6Z06 vs. F430 vs. 997TT....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 02:03 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911

So, to say that most Porsche owners could buy a Vet yet most Vet owners could not buy a Porsche is absolutely ridiculas.

Even though you can't spell, you make a hell of a point. Nothing pisses me off than some snotty Porsche owners that have to revert to "financial" status to justify having a Porsche.

I own a Porsche and a Z06 and other cars...they are different cars - period. Just because you drive a Z06 or a Corvette, it does not mean you have a mullet and have a truck as daily driver...the same, just because you have a 911, it does not make you rich or stuck up...but sometimes when I read some of the posts here I wonder if the latter applies to some P owners...*sighs*
Old 07-22-2006, 02:06 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver
I've owned both, three vettes, including an 02 Z06 and now a 02 911 C4S. I'm not a vette guy or a porsche guy, I'm a car guy.

Both are great cars, I love both vettes and 911's. My C4S seems slow compared to my Z06, but the 911 is the complete driving experince, AND I can take my wife and 2yr old daughter for a drive at the same time.

Both are great cars. Why do we have to choose sides? We should be glad there are so many great cars to choose from. Competition makes cars better for everyone.
finally, someone that makes sense....
Old 07-22-2006, 02:11 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
What is it with you guys and the vet? I swear someone on the vet forum must be paying these guys to post this damn car on Renn every week. It's a nice car already. We all agree,..let's move on.
goodness...you sound like a jealous girlfriend when a guy scrolls through the pages of Victoria Secret...relax...it is a CAR!
Old 07-22-2006, 02:18 PM
cpadula
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am lucky enough to have driven all of those cars "aggresively"... I can without a doubt say that they TT and 430 are in the "supreme" catagory. I am sad to say that the Z06 ( which i still have on order ) just doesnt cut it..

I am no road and track editor, but i know what i like... responsiveness, agility, power and quality this is the balance that I require as a sports car enthusiast.. TT and 430 just rock the Z06 in this reguard.

I have been a porsche guy for years now and for whatever reason just cant seem to get the ferrari bug?? I have actually given the car the benefit of the doubt - but when i drive them both.. 20 mins apart from each other i gravitate to the porsche..

I love the looks of the ferrari's but just cant justify the additional dollars just for the looks..

I'll still take delivery of my Z, as a daily driver.. with about 10K of interior upgrades required..

just my opinion...

Casey
Old 07-22-2006, 03:55 PM
rocketrider2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone else catch the top speed issue posted in the stats column? 185 top speed rpm limited on the TT and 430??? Some one smoking something?

Quick Reply: Car and Driver test C6Z06 vs. F430 vs. 997TT....