Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BABY/BOOSTER SEAT--for rear seat...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:16 PM
kwsmith6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche only puts the Latch system in the front seat. Is that because there is an engine directly behind the seats that will get pushed into the passenger compartment? In a conventional car with the engine in front, the backseat would seem to be the safest place for a car seat. Living in Houston it seems that the most common accident is getting hit from behind when traffic stops. I saw a really bad one on the side of the road this morning.

I have had several of the Porsche seats and I think they were all made by Britax. I had to pay to have the Latch system added to my 05 along with the airbag cut-off switch. Now they turn off automatically.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:55 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kwsmith6
Porsche only puts the Latch system in the front seat. Is that because there is an engine directly behind the seats that will get pushed into the passenger compartment? In a conventional car with the engine in front, the backseat would seem to be the safest place for a car seat. Living in Houston it seems that the most common accident is getting hit from behind when traffic stops. I saw a really bad one on the side of the road this morning.

I have had several of the Porsche seats and I think they were all made by Britax. I had to pay to have the Latch system added to my 05 along with the airbag cut-off switch. Now they turn off automatically.
Most engines are designed to drop down rather than push into the cabin.

Quick Reply: BABY/BOOSTER SEAT--for rear seat...