Sponsored by:

When the Gods turn away...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:09 PM
JSMDMD
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I know....

Sorry to hear about your accident. I know what you feel like. My C2S has been at the body shop for almost 6 weeks now getting my passenger side repaired from the accident I was in in May. And it's supposed to be ready next week!
The guys at the body shop told me that this is a unibody car, so all of the panels weld on and weld off easily.
So, take heart. Soon this will just be an unpleasant memory, forgotten when you turn that key and hear that beautiful Porsche sound.....
Old 07-07-2006, 06:38 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch that REALLY sucks! I know how long you've been waiting for your car, so I can't believe your bad luck here - especially during the summer when you should be driving with your top down!

Be sure to pick a good body shop that will store your car properly when they aren't working on it (i.e., waiting for parts or working on parts removed from the vehicle). I've had problems with body shops in the past where I had more damage to my paint and interior due to improper storage (i.e., leaving the car outdoors with the windows open for 2 weeks & paint over spray).

Good luck!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The body shop specializes in Ferraris and Porsches. Both local dealerships recommend the shop so I just basically sent the car there while the insurance companies fight it as to who should pay what.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:11 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Hope everthing turns out well. Because of this I will never let any valet service park my car.

Good luck on the repairs. Give some before and after shots so we can see how well a repair can be done just in case this happens to one of us.

Jay
Old 07-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So wait she was coming down the ramp and he was more than likely speeding up the ramp in your car, and hogging up the entire ramp / cutting the corner...?
Hmmm.... You're taking this better than I would
Oh well at least everyone is safe... And yes, your car will be as good as new - however if you want something REALLY cool...
get some ghost flames on that sucker
Old 07-08-2006, 01:15 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I wouldn't assume everything is as good as new (from past experience).

Dump this car and have the Property management company pay the delta. Talk to your Dealer and find out the trade-in (before and after accident). The potential hit could be up to $45K, ask me how I know?

Your car never be eligible for the CPO program.

Don't rush to get it fixed, and e-mail me if you want to talk off line about it.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:21 PM
jbdmd
Pro

stay strong mate!

you are in our thoughts

jbd
Old 07-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow, terrible news. I'm very sorry to hear about this, I'm sure it will all work out!

Rob

Quick Reply: When the Gods turn away...