Sponsored by:

Funny encounter with the law this morning

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 09:57 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
Along SilverSteel's lines... I drove into the parking lot of a restaurant a couple of months ago. They have a large number of tables outside and there were about 15 people having lunch. I got lucky and found a space right in the front. I was just getting out of my car when a patrol car turns into the parking lot. Cop gets out and walks over to me. You could really feel how EVERYBODY on the veranda was staring... oooh, now the Porsche dude is in trouble... we gotta see this... what's gonna happen...

Now, what did happen...?

Cop and I gave each other a big hug because he's my buddy and we were getting together for lunch.
That's a funny. My friend who works for the police department was showing me what a perp had tried on him while he was trying to take him into custody and I was demonstrating how I would respond. We were in a parking lot after lunch slowly going through some moves and he was in uniform. We took Karate together from a former Dallas Police officer well known for his martial arts training, Sensei Tim Vaught (9th degree). A wonderful man with the patience of an oak tree. Long story short, a car bumped into the vehicle in front of him because he thought I was resisting arrest. Really a bad situation.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:25 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
Perhaps your right, but I like to think that he was just a car guy.
His "copness" is what motivated him to meet you. Then he figured out you were ok and the car-guy stuff kicked in. The "amber-alert" thing? It had to cross their minds but the car not being stolen spurred their intuition to see thru to your true decent nature. I dunno... . I'm glad you didn't get nailed for anything! As much as I respect what they do, I just want cops to stay away from me when I'm driving..., like they could read my mind and detect my occasional when-it-is-"safe" triple digit driving habits.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:59 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
I just want cops to stay away from me when I'm driving..., like they could read my mind and detect my occasional when-it-is-"safe" triple digit driving habits.

I hear you - I worried about the same thing which is why I couldn't honestly tell him about my 15.4 mpg lifetime gas mileage. I know the EPA is 17, so if I say that then it means I'm driving pretty mildly.

I half wonder if they've got reports of me from others who have seen me hauling *** around town, and just wanted to see who this guy driving this car was.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:55 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by riad
Everyone once in a while you get people (cops included) that are secure enough to act human and not be complete asses, always makes you feel better.
Kinda like this, huh?
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2006, 01:12 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a similar incident on Saturday, heading up the 95 into AZ from Yuma.

About a third of the way to Quartzsite there's a small Border Patrol station.

Literally a tin shack with AC and a sun shade for the officer on duty.

So I pull to a stop, and the guy asks the usual questions - he hears my Brit accent, and asks me to pull forward and park up.

He deals with the cars behind me, then comes over.

I'm already out of the P Car, ID in hand - looking guilty just because!

He's not remotely interested in my ID - he just asks about the car, where I got it, how much, how fast...

All the time he's walking around it, taking it all in.

Finally says, 'that's one beautiful car, don't see many of those round here'.

Shakes my hand and leaves!

Go figure

Chris.

Quick Reply: Funny encounter with the law this morning