Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Cab SmartTOP Install Directions (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 02:13 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
2. Looks like you unhooked the sockets from the ***** on the flap instead of the ***** on the carpet? I unhooked the cable from the ***** on the carpet. Again, I guess it can be done wither way but I did not need to do any re-threading through the flap sleeves.
DOH!!! I should have done it that way. I couldn't see the ones on the bottom until I had it apart, so I didn't even try to do them.

Thanks for pointing that out!
Old 06-24-2006, 02:20 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSteel
I went throught the instructions and hi-lighted the features I activated and de-activated. The list as follows:

Function 1 (Product Enabled) ON
Function 2 (One touch Top) ON
Function 3 (Remote Operation Windows-onetouch) ON
Function 4 (Lock-in) OFF (I have Chrono)
Function 5 (Comfort window) OFF
Function 6 (Chirp-lock) ON
Function 7 (Trunk) ON

I'll play with it. I did notice my car locks automatically and chirps, which I don't care for so I'll be tinkering with it.
I have chrono too, but I enabled this one because it allows the doors to unlock when you pull the key. Unless I'm a total dolt, I didn't think you could get the doors to unlock unless you pushed the door lock button or pulled the handle twice. I like not having to do that anymore.

Comfort window is kinda nice too because I almost always do the rears when I do the fronts (but not vice versa).

Overall I'm pretty happy with this thing. I'm enjoying the one touch for the key very much, except when I do something stupid like trying to unlock the trunk while it is moving (which causes it to stop). I didn't even want that feature, but now I love it!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:39 PM
carmos
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default been more than aweek and no smart top

hi guys, i ordered the smart top more than a week ago and my credit card was charged about the same time..i got an email confrmation and a tracking number.. but when i try to track it on the ups site..it says just got the order info and nothing else..and to call the shipper..i have emailed the smart top guy stephen and called and left messegaes and have no response...i am get a little pissed off.. sounds like you guys have had a better experince than i...
Old 06-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 233 Posts

Nice DIY post Ron. :-)
Old 06-27-2006, 11:17 PM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by carmos
hi guys, i ordered the smart top more than a week ago and my credit card was charged about the same time..i got an email confrmation and a tracking number.. but when i try to track it on the ups site..it says just got the order info and nothing else..and to call the shipper..i have emailed the smart top guy stephen and called and left messegaes and have no response...i am get a little pissed off.. sounds like you guys have had a better experince than i...
I'm sorry to hear this. Try emailing Sven instead, he's been incredible to deal with. You seem to be the only one who has had problems, but that's one too many. Check the thread for his address.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:49 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talked to him personally and he said demand was so great that there was some delay but mine and the rest should have been shipped today.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:52 AM
carmos
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys , stephen called me and said ups lost my shippment...he said that he would have to file an insurance claim if they can't find it..that sort of sucks for me because it will take longer to get it..will see how long before i actually see this thing...thanks again for your help..
Old 06-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 132 Posts

I love it when someone posts like this and is competent with a digital camera! Thanks for the blow by blow description.

Dan
On The Road (Germany)
Old 06-28-2006, 01:28 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

According to UPS, mine will arrive tomorrow. Let's hope UPS won't screw this up.

Quick Reply: 997 Cab SmartTOP Install Directions (pics included)