Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small piece of Porsche Leather needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:09 AM
Marsellus Wallace
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small piece of Porsche Leather needed!!

Bit of a long shot really but I have a small scuff in the leather behind the passenger seat in my 997(about an inch by an inch) and need a piece of leather so I can send the car to a trimmer and have it professionally repaired.The problem is that my leather is Terracotta so getting a colour match is going to be difficult if I source the leather from anywhere but Porsche.When I called the dealer to ask if they sold pieces of leather I was told that they do not and the only option they could give me was to replace the whole seat back cover for $2300!!As the scuff is only small and on the back of the seat anyway this is an expensive fix for me.Some people would just live with the scuff but I can't.Does anyone have any ideas or should I smash open my piggybank and pay the $2300?????
Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 AM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about ordering a terra cotta leather visor and cutting it up? That should cost you at most $2200, not $2300. (no, seriously, maybe just a few hundred?)

What bothers me is there's a phone number on someone's desk at Porsche for the leather supplier. If you just had the number... . Since Porsche promises "Excellence" THAT's the dealers job to get it for you, right?

Pi**es me off that the dealer blew you off; typical.

I'd just leave it alone, try as you might it's not gonna be your last scratch... . Try putting some leather conditioner on it to lessen bad appearance.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 wh - A few years ago I had a small coin-sized hole on the seatback in my former BMW M3 interior repaired by a small leather shop and they did an excellent job. Somehow they are able to match both color and texture. Sorry I do not have pics of the fix, but the M3 interior color was cinnamon nappa- similar to 997 terracotta I thought the color would be difficult if not impossible (pic att'd below) for the repairman to blend in. As I said, I was impressed with the result, the repair was completely disguised, undetectable from the original surrounding leather. I think they charged me $40 - $50.

A quick search yielded this....looks like the same type of operation I used in the states. Since you indicated that the breach is on the back of the seat it won't be subjected to constant direct contact wear-and-tear, hopefully it'll work out short of replacing the whole skin. http://www.leather-repairs-lancashire.co.uk/index.html

Also, I highly recommend enforcing the NO SHOES rule if you have young'uns riding in the back seat.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Small piece of Porsche Leather needed!!