Sponsored by:

Tale of a Lurker

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 02:37 AM
SKYSTAK
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tale of a Lurker

"911, an interesting car. So how should I check it out. OK, I'll do a Google search, hey what's that? Rennlist...well let's take a look. "

Well folks that's how it started, my career as a Lurker. Look for color pics, check Rennlist....lurk, lurk, lurk...Wait, what about peoples thoughts on Options? lurk,lurk.......OK, but what's this? Two people were banned! Oh my, this is better then watching American Idol! Reality Porsche channel, great stuff! lurk, lurk. And wait, If I am really thinking about buying a 977, how can I check out reliability? lurk, lurk. Holly cow! The Tiptronics always starts in second gear? lurk.....lurk

OK, all this lurking is geting to me, so I decide to finally take a test drive. But before I do that, I need to decide on the type of seat to try out so I can maximize my time at the dealership..off to Rennlist...lurk lurk.
So I go, and yes you guessed it, I was thrilled. Yes all those optinions on the forum were correct. sport seat with power..good midnight blue...goood, bose...not so good but too tough luck....sat radio...find a cheyenne. But somehow, when all was said and done my wallet was lighter to the tune of a down payment. So I am now a Waiter Grade 1, an upgrade from Lurker Grade 1. Funny, didn't get a pay increase from the promotion.......

On order:
C2 Cab
Midnight Blue
Sand Biege
Sport Chrono
Tiptronic
Bose
Power/heated seat
Nav
Old 06-08-2006, 03:32 AM
snarf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations from a fellow waiter.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

On order:
C2 Cab
Midnight Blue
Sand Biege
Sport Chrono
Tiptronic
Bose
Power/heated seat
Nav
Your color and options are pretty much like mine. I got a different color interior. Picking mine up at Porsche of North Olmsted in Cleveland next Wednesday. Flying out of Vegas and driving home.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:45 PM
raffi
Pro

i found out about rennlist on a google search too...
I was trying to figure out how to change the bulbs in my 99 C4 instrument cluster and I got the solution from Loren and Jeff (toolpants) within minutes.
This site is amazing.
btw, good choice on color, I really like the midnight blue see it everyday at work in the parking garage.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:54 PM
kw_1055
Instructor

[QUOTE=SKYSTAK]" So I am now a Waiter Grade 1, an upgrade from Lurker Grade 1. Funny, didn't get a pay increase from the promotion.......

Well, no pay increase from your promotion, but the increase level of excitement is off the chart.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:43 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the feeling, my first P-car was 24 years ago and still no regrets. I hope you will enjoy many years of happy motoring!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:52 PM
NiATE
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first jumped into the Porsche pool (hot tub?) I always said that for one day a month I didn't like my car, but after the payment was made I loved ALL the remaining seconds. Welcome to the illness.

Quick Reply: Tale of a Lurker