Sponsored by:

Cell Phone Camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell Phone Camera

OK, now I've been seeing a lot of this now as I drive my C2S.

How many of you notice as you drive your nice new 997, that people are now taking pictures of your car with a cell phone camera?

I've been a "victim" of this numerous times. You'd think Paris Hilton was in the car.

Let's hear from you. Has this been happening to you too?

Deanski
Old 06-06-2006, 11:55 PM
frayed
Race Car

not in my black S. but in my 'ol 996 C4S in speed yeller. . . that car was hot
Old 06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Definitely not in LA...I counted nine black 997s (not including mine) while waiting at a traffic light last Thursday night at Sunset Plaza...the four Contiental GTs in the same time period were a bit more impressive, as were the four new MB S550s that rolled through...although neither were enough for anybody to give a second look. Only the new Aston Vantage V8 screaming through at 8k RPM and a Gallardo Spyder piqued interest.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:14 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Cell camera shots

Must be a New England thing. Mostly done by passengers in "rice" type cars. Maybe they are looking for ideas. Could it be the Aerocup kit?

Wierd.

Deanski
Old 06-07-2006, 01:50 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not here even though you see alot more SLxxx than any other make of GT/sports cars.

It's not nearly "rare" enough to justify a snapshot.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:16 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

I would be very flattered, but have not noticed any pics being taken.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:11 PM
bpoteat
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I live in SC and if I see a Turbo or a nice S in a parking lot (or something equally as rare), I'll go out of my way to snap a shot with my cameraphone. I just don't see them that often and it is kind of a thrill to see them in the 'wild'. And then I can show to my car friends and say, "check out what I saw this morning".

The only time I've taken a picture with someone in the car was at a redlight about 2 months ago. I noticed the car in front of me hang their arm out the window with their phone and looked over to see it pointed at a Ford GT. I quickly scrambled to get my cameraphone out and snapped a blurry shot of it as we were moving through the light.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Definitely not in LA...I counted nine black 997s (not including mine) while waiting at a traffic light last Thursday night at Sunset Plaza...the four Contiental GTs in the same time period were a bit more impressive, as were the four new MB S550s that rolled through...although neither were enough for anybody to give a second look. Only the new Aston Vantage V8 screaming through at 8k RPM and a Gallardo Spyder piqued interest.
Yeah, my p car didn't even make 2nd row at the parking lot of Matsuhisa or Ivy. But when I went with a F430 of a friend's, it was right in front. Funny thing was my Maser did pretty well but I think it's because the valets sometimes don't know how to use the F1 box. However a gallardo is made to scream "LOOK AT ME!!!"
A porsche (other than a CGT) is like a dime a dozen in some parts of LA.
FYI, Paris Hilton has a MB Mac SLR.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:25 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

I was born in Van Nuys, CA and have lived in LA all my life, 50+ years. Porsches are cool to "us", the enthusiasts who know what we're looking at. 99% of the drivers on Los Angeles streets and freeways could care less for the most part...
Old 06-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

We get pretty jaded here in Santa Barbara,--the car fanatic capital! (Saw a McLaren going to lunch today).

Dan
Old 06-07-2006, 07:20 PM
crg1717
Advanced

two teenagers in honda stopped behind me at light took shots of my big a&&. crg c4s
Old 06-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

In my C4S numerous times.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:21 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

They get their cameras ready. Then they see me driving it, and say "oh, never mind".
Old 06-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

OK, so I'm not crazy or the only one!

It seems the Aerocup wing draws them in like flies. Or maybe how shiny and glossy it looks! Black with yellow does look nice! Or maybe the wonderful music comming from the PSE engaged on LOUD!

One evening after parking the car far away from others (and shopping carts) at a Stop & Shop, one guy parks one spot away, goes out and starts going over the car as I was getting ready to leave. Seems he's a big fan of Porsche and noticed the PCCB's right away as ones also being on the GT. Later, he gave his for the right stuff on the car and that I'm living the good life. Thanks big guy whoever you were!

Well, it's has always been a dream to own such a sports car and now I finally can and did.

I guess keep the cameras going as we only live once!

Deanski
Dr. Shine
Old 06-07-2006, 10:12 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by mglobe
They get their cameras ready. Then they see me driving it, and say "oh, never mind".
LOL.

Reminds me telling my wife I had turned into a rockstar when I bought my speed yellow C4S. I pleaded my case, explaining how I've been approached by folks from teeny boppers to 70 somethings.

She rolled her eyes, gave me tha hand, and called me a tool. hahaha

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Camera