Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanted you to be 1st to know

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 05:43 PM
snarf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Devon7 for helping calm my nerves and making me feel that I made the right decision, committing to spend nearly £80k on a non-essential item isn't something I do every day.

Spent an hour with the dealer this afternoon, added the Rear Center console in leather with Carrera logo and was told that the leather trimmed mats are no longer an option. Instead I was sold something called a "Prep pack including a set of carpets and fuel". This is a dealer fitted option and helps boost their post deliver sales figures. This cost £108 more than the mat option and I'm wondering if this is normal and just what it includes e.g. plates?. In the scale of things this is trivial but I'd be interested to hear how it compares with your experience? Delivery is expected sometime in August so a 1 September registration looks possible. Now if I can just find a buyer for a bargain S Type . . .
Old 06-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Speed
Pro

Originally Posted by snarf
You are of course correct, however, in my defence the OED says that this is a common mistake, thanks for pointing this out - by-the-way you're not related to OCB are you?
No, I'm not related otherwise I would have told you to do a search before posting. I'm just an ex-English major and couldn't help myself.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:40 AM
devon7
Advanced

Sorry I can't help with the "Prep pack" question. I found mine at a dealers with 500 miles on the clock. It was so close to what I wanted I couldn't resist the temptation.

I notice that you've gone without the sunroof. It's great driving with the windows down and the roof open when the weathers good enough. The past few days have been a blast!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:30 AM
snarf
Instructor

Originally Posted by devon7
I notice that you've gone without the sunroof.
I agree sunroof would be nice. Driving to the dealers yesterday in hot sunshine with a clear blue sky overhead made me very vulnerable to the temptation of a 2006 spec cab they had in the showroom (cancelled order I believe). This very nearly matched my spec in all but colour and wheels - but I have to draw the line somewhere.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:06 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You are of course correct, however, in my defence the OED says that this is a common mistake, thanks for pointing this out - by-the-way you're not related to OCB are you?
Hey wait a minute, Snarf, I resemble that remark!

I see you're pinning the blame on the old Oxford English Dictionary. Is this where you learned to call a flashlight a blowtorch?
By the way, congratulations on finalling placing your order! It won't be long now!
Originally Posted by Speed
No, I'm not related otherwise I would have told you to do a search before posting. I'm just an ex-English major and couldn't help myself.
Now, now, Mr. Speed. You should know by now that to do a search on something one has never posted about is to commit the logical fallacy of circuitous reasoning - assuming facts in existence that have yet to be proved and drawing conclusions based on those false assumptions. I would never advocate that. . .. Nice try though.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 241 Posts

You spelled tire wrong too,...oops, I see you're from the UK - that group across the pond that bastardized English from the Americans.

Sounds like a great ride! I wouldn't sweat the PSE. Either way, these cars sound awful when you first start them up and sound loud as hell above 5000 rpm. It is also an option that can be retrofitted if you really develop buyer's remorse.

Sorry to tyre everyone with my puns.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coochas, you're blowing this tyre thing out of all proportion. I think you should keep a lower profile on this.

Cheers!

Bibendum
Old 06-08-2006, 02:58 PM
snarf
Instructor

Ben - thanks for best wishes, suddenly the days seem to be getting longer, just 84 to go. BTW based on my track record on this forum I think I learned very little from the OED.

Coochas - I'm still recovering from the embarrassment have having yet another American correct my English so I'll resist any urge to get into an inflated debate.

Quick Reply: Wanted you to be 1st to know