Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non Export Agreement

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 09:22 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not to mention what happens if you're forced to sell the car in 6 months (assuming there was some catatrophe or something and you needed the finances)
then that owner brings it north?
Old 05-29-2006, 09:25 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I'm paying for it with my money, then I will wear it as a HAT if I want to... much less sell it to whom ever, where ever I want to.

I've got a C4S coming in August and if they insist on such a form the deal is OVER.

Matter of principle.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:53 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I have a Euro Delivery scheduled for 13 June and I'm a US citizen and live and work in the USA. I never had to sign anything of that sort,--but I did have to provide a $10,000 VAT deposit which Porsche AG puts in an interest bearing account until the car clears Europe. Then it is returned to me (where it will coveniently just about cover the local sales tax). With the Mehrwertsteuer in Germany at around 19.5% Porsche has to do this to protect themselves,--otherwise the State will come looking for that cut if that VIN shows up in the EU again. The issue for you is that you are a citizen of the EU, and that is an issue.

dan
Old 05-30-2006, 04:56 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I have a Euro Delivery scheduled for 13 June and I'm a US citizen and live and work in the USA. I never had to sign anything of that sort,--but I did have to provide a $10,000 VAT deposit which Porsche AG puts in an interest bearing account until the car clears Europe. Then it is returned to me (where it will coveniently just about cover the local sales tax). With the Mehrwertsteuer in Germany at around 19.5% Porsche has to do this to protect themselves,--otherwise the State will come looking for that cut if that VIN shows up in the EU again. The issue for you is that you are a citizen of the EU, and that is an issue.

dan
You'll be signing more crap once you get to Zuffenhausen. Trust me!

Quick Reply: Non Export Agreement