Discouraged

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:54 AM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimster
I

I'm a Porsche owner myself, and sorely disappointed at the problems I've had with my cars.
Right. Expect Excellence, just like they promised.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimster
If you ordered a steak at a restaurant that wasn't cooked right you'd send it back, right?
Why accept problems as the norm on a car that costs six figures? I sure as hell woudn't.
I hear more excuses why a Porsche buyer should be acepting of problems with their cars. IMHO, I think it BS and evidence of trying to make yourself feel better about spending a ****load of money on a ****-poor car that's prone to break down.
I'm a Porsche owner myself, and sorely disappointed at the problems I've had with my cars.
Sorry to hear of your problems but that analogy doesn't really make sense. Every product available has manufacturing tolerances, and some of them will fail, especially in a car where there are thousands of systems and subsystems assembled together.
Now the frequency of failure and how it is handled however is the issue. No car manufacturer is failure-proof.
I don't know about others but I don't make exuses for Porsche. If it doesn't work often, I'd see how much I can live with a malfunctioning car. Why do people buy ferraris etc knowing that they are high maintenance cars? Because they like them and can tolerate the unreliability vs the joy of owning and driving the car. Many owners don't drive a P-car or other over 100k cars as a main car, probably owning other cars as well. I'd say the avg mileage is closer to 6k a year vs 12k. So they don't notice the problems as much as those who use them as daily drivers.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 136 Posts

Right now we have 2 Honda's for everday use and a G35 Coupe for fun and trip[s. I have been thinking about a 993 (S hopefully) but I am kind of scared about reliability and repair costs. It would suck to get rid of a car that will probably be trouble free and fun to a car that costs me an arm and a leg to purchase and then the same to repair. I don't want to have a car that sits in the garage all the time like my friends 993 Cabrio I want to enjoy it.

Quick Reply: Discouraged