Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cab rear "quarter windows" stop half way on putting hood up

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006 | 02:41 PM
mtooze
Track Day

Default Cab rear "quarter windows" stop half way on putting hood up

This is a weird one. We have have had this happen 3 times now out the probably 20 times we have put the hood up on this car in the last 3 weeks. Wife had it happen to her once, so its not just my bad mojo.

Normal hood up operation, but the "rear quarter light" windows (whatever they are actually called) both stop half way. Happened to me this morning, I was raising roof and pulling out of driveway and I noticed it was alittle noisy, looked around and saw both windows were open at approx 45 degrees. Basically looks like neither of them finished the close cycle. The first 2x I recycled the hood open then closed and they worked fine. This time I just closed them using the window button.

Obviously these two windows have two seperate actuators/motors and the fact they are both stopping at the same point suggests an electronic problem, and no, it not my fat fingers slipping off the hood switch! I have read other having this problem with one of the quarter windows alone, just wondering if any others have encountered this.

Its too small a niggle and too intermittent to go to the dealer at the moment.

Marcus

Quick Reply: Cab rear "quarter windows" stop half way on putting hood up