Before & After... Tints

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The sputtered metal films will give significant UV and heat protection with a light tint, and not seriously compromise your side and rear vision like the limo tint. If you ever get into an accident hat is even remotely attributable to reduced vision, you are toast.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Truble10
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
Love the tint, but after years of dealing with cops and the tiny bubbles which eventually start to appear in the tint I gave up on tinting. It looks great, but I just got tired of all of the hassle.
You must not be using a quality tint shop. Here in AZ like FL tinting is necessary. Cops don't bother us here for window tinting - they tint their windows as well. I cannot remember the last car I've had that has not had tint and have never had bubbles except immediately after the tinting is done. Leave the car in the sun for a day and the bubbles are gone. Probably like Florida just about every new car here gets some type of tint - not used as much in the northern states.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:57 PM
wardo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"You're welcome Wardo... Hope it goes well. Mike is really busy, but worth the wait."

Yes he is I am booked for June 1....thanks for the info.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:06 PM
wardo
Advanced

Are there different types of tint ?
If so what do you suggest on a seal grey Coupe ?
Old 05-19-2006, 10:35 AM
CleanSlate
Instructor

Originally Posted by wardo
Are there different types of tint ?
If so what do you suggest on a seal grey Coupe ?

It all depends on your personal taste. Mike has a really nice 30-35% film that is 100% legal in Florida and has a greenish-blue hue to it, very much like the OEM glass. In certain light its hard to notice any film at all, but with the benefits of the UV & heat rejection. That's what he installed on my 05 C2, which was Lapis blue. On a grey car, I personallly like the smoked-grayish colors best. Like I said, it's up to you. I would talk to Mike a few days before your appt. and make sure he has a few rolls for you to choose from if you haven't decided by then.

good luck!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:05 AM
SilverSteel
Three Wheelin'

Received 258 Likes on 142 Posts

That is some dark stuff. In Texas they will pull you over for windows that appear to be beyond the legal limit. It does look good, though.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Ms Kita
Addict
Rennlist Member

The tint look's great. It was a must have for me in Houston, in fact it was on the car I purchased from the dealership, but I was busted when I move to MD. Now I sport only the legal limit. The legal limit was always subjective to the cop that pulled you over. I had my car visually inspected by a DMV officers before removing the tint...failed...but two cars parked next to me had tint darker than mine. I officer said, I had the ticket and they did not. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2006, 09:48 PM
sunlion
Advanced

MY silver 05 was tinted, in Texas, before I got it. The pictures looked really dark but in person it's not. I feel it does not affect the night vision. The label on the tint says 35%T which is the legal limit for front windows.
Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2006, 02:03 PM
MoneyBiz
Racer

if u tint the windshield real light you might be able to get away w it... the car would probably look better but u have to have somebody that's really good to do the windshield...
Old 05-24-2006, 04:28 AM
CleanSlate
Instructor

Here's a pic of the view from inside compared to outside. Minimal difference and no real obstruction, especially since it was done in one piece (no join lines, etc). I actually enjoy the reduced glare in addition to other benefits (UV damage, heat, light, etc.).

As far as being pulled over, they do not really give you a hard time in Florida. Unless of course you're out driving like an idiot. In other words, you're not supposed to get pulled over for only tints. It is almost an automatic add-on ticket if you do get pulled over for a moving violation, but I was willing to take the chance. I know (personally) that SoCal is another story.

Quick Reply: Before & After... Tints