Dealing with Trolls in the 997 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:31 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Hey Romey boy, lighten up.

How many p-cars have you owned? ... What, you turning this into a pissing contest now?
Hey Ben. Friendly advise? You need to stop now. Chris C has been past more lighthouses in P cars than you have been past telephone poles. I doubt I am the only one biting my lip and hoping you get a grip. Gerry
Old 05-11-2006, 11:36 PM
micgreeny
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

****!!! you guys still at it, I guess the new 997 must be a great car because theres not really any problems to talk about. this better that T.V.---------------------------mike
Old 05-11-2006, 11:40 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris C.
How about lighten up instead of toughen up??

This whole thread, and the tone of this quickly turning unfriendly and uninformative forum, is a natural result of a small group trying diligently to enforce their view of what's relevant and proper upon a public community. Repeatedly criticizing others for just having fun and asking innocent questions that don't live up to some subjective/personal standard.

I spent 4 years on Rennlist 993 Board, one of the tightest and most knowledgeable communities I've experienced. While I've seen this pattern before (basic social dynamics are not that different here), I am amazed that more people on this forum don't seem to object to the tone and tenor permeating this Board in recent weeks, and what that's doing to the value of your community.

Let's all lighten up and let everyone enjoy their cars and this community again. If some ask inane or god forbid gramatically flawed questions so be it. Let some of the newer members, who just recently were the one's asking those same possibly redundant questions, answer. It's about helping one another, remember? Personal crusaders are just as malignant as trolls, just more insidious and harder to spot.

good answer!!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah.

I think this thread has gone as far as it usefully can so it is time to put it to rest.

Marc

Quick Reply: Dealing with Trolls in the 997 Forum