Sponsored by:

Dealerships in LA area...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Dro
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealerships in LA area...

I have been snooping around trying to find the right dealer to go to for my first Porsche buying experience.

I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations as to what dealerships are good and which ones to avoid.

I live on the westside in Los Angeles so anywhere in the surrounding LA area.

Thanks,

Dro
Old 05-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Phil S
Advanced

I have always been treated very well at Newport Auto Center in Newport Beach. I have bought 6 cars from them and I have nothing but praise for the sales and service treatment. My salesman is Elden Lauterbach and I like him because he is very low pressure (make that no pressure) and very knowledgable. He doesn't mind keeping you informed during the entire process, from ordering to ultimately receiving your car. He would send me faxes as my car progressed through the system.

Phil
Old 05-10-2006, 02:29 PM
USCHANDPOD
Racer

Despite a previously bad experience with Rusnack BMW I had a great experience with Rusnack Porsche (in Thousand Oaks). Talk to Eric the sales manager directly. If you go there PM me and I will give you my name to tell him I sent you.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:36 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

I too had a good experience at Rusnak Westlake. Paul *** helped me. Will give you my info via PM if you like
Old 05-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Paul SLC
Advanced

Wherever you can get the best deal. I like Pacific Porsche in Torrance. Kam is my sales guy and he's very easy to work with.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:52 PM
ONEOFEW
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by USCHANDPOD
Despite a previously bad experience with Rusnack BMW I had a great experience with Rusnack Porsche (in Thousand Oaks). Talk to Eric the sales manager directly. If you go there PM me and I will give you my name to tell him I sent you.
It’s funny that you say that
By far it was the worst purchase experience with Rusnak (Thousand Oaks)
Very pushy and rude salesmen allot of empty promises, lady at the finance dpt has a real attitude.
It’s been over a year and I am still waiting for missing valley key that was promised to be mailed to me.
They even tried to bribe me with a coffee mug, and a T shirt, in exchange to the Porsche customer satisfaction survey.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:59 PM
USCHANDPOD
Racer

Call Eric the sales manager at Rusnack. Tell him about your experiences. Tell him Glenn the hand surgeon is a friend of yours. He will straighten it out. He knows that the past performance of his dealership leaves a lot to be desired. Bad press in places like this will hurt them bad. They need to have people singing their praises. Let me know what happens.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:01 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought from Circle Porsche of Long Beach and had and continue to have an excellent relationship with them. They're a smaller family owned dealership and they really do make you feel as part of the family.

In Newport Auto Center in Newport Beach I like the salesman by the name of Apollo. One of the most honest salesmen around and definitely one of the most knowledgeable.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:06 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thomas Foulk at Rusnak Pasadena will exceed any expectations that you may have.

It's all about passion!
Old 05-10-2006, 03:08 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I live in Orange County, yet I bought at Stevens Creek in San Jose. The car was in my hands 9 weeks after I ordered it and the whole process was the best car buying experience I have had.The local dealers seemed less inclined to order and tried to sell what was on the lot or on the boat. The added bonus of a nice ride home to break it in was well worth it.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:09 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MJones
Thomas Foulk at Rusnak Pasadena will exceed any expectations that you may have.

It's all about passion!

I can second that!
Old 05-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 166 Posts

I would add my positive comments to those previously posted about Rusnak in Thousand Oaks.
Eric Ancheroff - New Car Sales Manager - was the best.
I was treated very well throughout every step of the buying process. When I told the "finance guy" I didn't
want to sit through the obligatory "let me sell you some expensive stuff you don't need" speech, he
backed off immediately and cut to the chase. Couldn't have been easier.
That's the way to do business.
On the other side of the coin - Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills would be a Porsche store you might want to skip.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Bought mine from Stuart Howe at McKenna. He's an acquaintance through track events; superb driver/instructor, diehard Porsche enthusiast, and a great guy all around. Very low key and zero pressure.

Not crazy about McKenna's service, however...had a much better experience at Pacific in Torrance.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:51 PM
ONEOFEW
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by USCHANDPOD
Call Eric the sales manager at Rusnack. Tell him about your experiences. Tell him Glenn the hand surgeon is a friend of yours. He will straighten it out. He knows that the past performance of his dealership leaves a lot to be desired. Bad press in places like this will hurt them bad. They need to have people singing their praises. Let me know what happens.
Believe me Richard Kolosky got involved as soon as P-USA contacted them, they tried to make things right.
I have to admit he took the utmost care in fixing the DMV title.
I’m almost sure my sales person got fired, he is no longer there.
But what’s done is done, it was not a pleasant experience for me. I would not buy another car from that dealership.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Phil S
Advanced

Originally Posted by OCBen
In Newport Auto Center in Newport Beach I like the salesman by the name of Apollo. One of the most honest salesmen around and definitely one of the most knowledgeable.
I agree with your comment about Apollo. He and my salesman, Elden, back each other up. So, if you go in looking for Elden and he is out, Apollo will be glad to help. Elden was on vacation when one of my cars arrived, so Apollo handled the delivery. I have had dealings with him since then and they have all been very postitive. BUT, my main man is Elden Lauterbach. Everyone in the dealership have treated me well, even the gal in the finance dept. It is my least favorite part of the deal, but she has never tried too hard to sell any of their programs. And service has always been as pleasant experience as possible.

Phil

Quick Reply: Dealerships in LA area...