Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Salesman of the month

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's 'sales people' like that whom make my job a whole lot easier. Just like another 'reliable source' that X51 will be STANDARD on the MY07 997"S".

In my opinion it starts and stops at the top of any organization. The hiring process, and the managment. I've only been in the business for about 4+ years, and I've heard things that would make your head spin. Now, I just intervein when I hear an inexperienced Sales Person say something incorrect. There's no shame in saying "I don't actually know the answer to that question, but I'll gladly find out the correct answer for you."

As a Sales Professional, I don't always know all the answers to EVERY question. But I sure can access my data base of people, and information on the net, and through my corp. reps. In my experience thus far, Porsche People are more often, better informed then any other group of purchasing clients.

Some organizations 'turn and burn' their sales people. It's really a shame. Because they're not investing in quality Sales Professionals. And they think they can slide by with sub-par sales people. But sub-par sales people yeild sub-par results. And it'll eventually show through the whole spectrum of the organization. But in the mean time, they have sales people on their show room floor, spouting off incorrect information.

It's the exact reason I work for Bernie Moreno. And why 10 of us and our families moved here from Boston to work for him. Because we work for the Best. And he wouldn't allow sub-par Sales Professionals, Service Professionals, or Master Tech's to work for him or represent his organization.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:57 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
It's 'sales people' like that whom make my job a whole lot easier. Just like another 'reliable source' that X51 will be STANDARD on the MY07 997"S".

In my opinion it starts and stops at the top of any organization. The hiring process, and the managment. I've only been in the business for about 4+ years, and I've heard things that would make your head spin. Now, I just intervein when I hear an inexperienced Sales Person say something incorrect. There's no shame in saying "I don't actually know the answer to that question, but I'll gladly find out the correct answer for you."

Where is "here"?
As a Sales Professional, I don't always know all the answers to EVERY question. But I sure can access my data base of people, and information on the net, and through my corp. reps. In my experience thus far, Porsche People are more often, better informed then any other group of purchasing clients.

Some organizations 'turn and burn' their sales people. It's really a shame. Because they're not investing in quality Sales Professionals. And they think they can slide by with sub-par sales people. But sub-par sales people yeild sub-par results. And it'll eventually show through the whole spectrum of the organization. But in the mean time, they have sales people on their show room floor, spouting off incorrect information.

It's the exact reason I work for Bernie Moreno. And why 10 of us and our families moved here from Boston to work for him. Because we work for the Best. And he wouldn't allow sub-par Sales Professionals, Service Professionals, or Master Tech's to work for him or represent his organization.
Don't know where "here" is - where are you guys located??
Old 05-06-2006, 11:01 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Porsche sales people (at least in Fl and Mn) are a bunch of uninformed Ford sales people.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:13 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

Speaking of rumors, I read somewhere (I think it was ronmart's review of his '06 C4S) that TPMS was going to be standard on '07 models. Chris, do you know if that is true?
Old 05-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Speaking of rumors, I read somewhere (I think it was ronmart's review of his '06 C4S) that TPMS was going to be standard on '07 models. Chris, do you know if that is true?
Bernie told me yesterday that it was in fact 99% true that it will be standard. LOL...

The big thing with Porsche as you all very well know, they do a darned good job of keeping secrets from the public. Better then pretty much any other car company.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Don't know where "here" is - where are you guys located??
North Olmsted, OH.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:39 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
North Olmsted, OH.
that's a city big enough to support a porsche dealer?
Old 05-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icon
that's a city big enough to support a porsche dealer?
In process of an order with them myself.... North Olmsted is a suburb about 15 miles from downtown Cleveland, good mix of blue/white collar neighborhood..... optimal location because it's 10 minutes from lake Erie waterfront communities in one direction, 10 min from airport in the other. Also within a 5-mile radius live most Cleveland Browns, Indians, Cavs players.

Perfect spot for a Porsche dealer-- and although I haven't personally spoken with (likemystoppie?) Chris, I can vouch personally for owner Bernie's approach, the gentleman is a pleasure to do business with; going above and beyond re: price and responsiveness to any and all questions. With dariof as a perfect example these guys treat their customers the way any of us would if we owned the place ourselves.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:32 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Paul, speaking of Browns, Indians & Cavs players living in the area, this Bernie fellow who owns the dealership, he wouldn't be......oh never mind.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCBen
Hey Paul, speaking of Browns, Indians & Cavs players living in the area, this Bernie fellow who owns the dealership, he wouldn't be......oh never mind.
Checking your Cleveland bona fides, Ben. Owner is Bernie Moreno, but Bernie Kosar would kill if he moved into cars like Elway did. ...You remember that moment around mid '90s when Browns lynch mob were rabid that we get rid of Belichick and keep Kosar? genious! tailgate kegtap Sunday 6 a.m. will do that to you....
Long live Lebron.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:16 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah, I remember that. Browns fans were definitely loyal to Kosar. The same way it appears the Cavs fans are to Lebron. Hey, congrats on the first round win. My Lakers lost tonight as everyone pretty much expected, especially after they almost won game 6 here -- if only they could have gotten that rebound. Oh well. As we Browns fans know too well, there's always next year.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

I am looking so forward to meeting Bernie and his staff and walking around the dealership. I call Bernie about once a week (Yes, I am a PITA) and he always is extremely accomodating.

Hopefully my new car will be there the end of the month. Checkpoint 8 was scheduled for May 11.........

Quick Reply: Salesman of the month