Sponsored by:

I'm being scammed by Autobahn Motors in Delray Beach Fl

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:53 AM
black/terra
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default again, I live in california

I would ahve to fly there at least three times to pursue a court casew....
Old 05-09-2006, 01:08 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a lawyer but maybe one can chime in and comment as to whether small claim courts even have diversity jurisdiction to hear this case.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:54 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggerTwin
Not worth a lawyer's time to pursue a $1,000. What I can't believe is that there isn't a Rennlist member licensed to practice law in Florida who would write a letter or make a phone call for a fellow member. If anybody has trouble in New York, drop me a line.

Alan

Got it alan
*writes down - "Always drive way over the limit in NY" **
Old 05-09-2006, 10:01 AM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, I believe you can file the small claims action in your city and they have to come to you. I used to work for a large corporation and small claims actions were always defended in the city of the claimant. You could check into it pretty easily.

Good luck,

MC
Old 05-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by H20NOO
Actually, I believe you can file the small claims action in your city and they have to come to you. I used to work for a large corporation and small claims actions were always defended in the city of the claimant. You could check into it pretty easily.

Good luck,

MC
Venue is where the Defendant resides or the Cause of Action took place. Changing venue is difficult at best, especially in small claims. There are many requirements in order to change venue, the main one being a fair trial (usually because of media exposure) is not possible. This of course, would not be the case here.

You have to go to them. However, you can simply file via US MAIL or Internet. You would only require one trip. There may also be a service that files for you. There are many out of state defendants who do this all the time, so procedures are in place. You just have to find them for Fla.

Large corporations are typically licensed in all states; therefore venue could be where the plaintiff resides if the corporate defendant is licensed to do business in the state the plaintiff resides. In that case, the resident agent would be served.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:23 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SrfCity
All CA dealers have to be bonded. If a dispute arrises you can place a claim against the bond that will need to be resolved. If the ruling is in your favor then you get your money from the bond. The dealer then has to pay back to reinstate the bond or they lose their license. Find out if FL has the same thing.
Originally Posted by black/terra
I would ahve to fly there at least three times to pursue a court casew....
Did you check into this at all?

Quick Reply: I'm being scammed by Autobahn Motors in Delray Beach Fl