Sponsored by:

I'm being scammed by Autobahn Motors in Delray Beach Fl

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 12:44 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a black with Terra Cotta at Steven's Creek Porsche. been there a few weeks, new though!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:54 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

A word of advice. If you feel you are being scamed seek a lawyer.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Pete -
Just read this story for the first time,...wow, I'm sorry, but glad you finally got a nice car out of it in the end.
I wish I could tell you whom to contact, but I have no idea. It seems to me that PCNA should be informed about this.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:36 PM
vitman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about all the problems you had with autobahn in Delray. For your next P-car go to
Champion Motors in Pompano and ask for Bruno. It is only a few miles away and although it may be a few extra bucks at the dealership, Bruno will give you a very fair deal and you will be treated professionally. I have bought 2 Pcars from him and despite the expense of a Porsche I have walked away feeling that I have been treated well and given a fair deal.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:29 PM
black/terra
Racer

Default Chris is my man

I will deal with him from this point forward until otherwise noted!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:38 PM
BiggerTwin
Racer

Originally Posted by MHC2S
If you feel you are being scamed seek a lawyer.
Not worth a lawyer's time to pursue a $1,000. What I can't believe is that there isn't a Rennlist member licensed to practice law in Florida who would write a letter or make a phone call for a fellow member. If anybody has trouble in New York, drop me a line.

Alan
Old 05-06-2006, 08:35 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black/terra
the issue wasnt about the cars condition and me not being able to verify it.

Everytime you deal with someone new, local or otherwise its a crapshoot.

I would agree that dealing with a proven winner is huge but since Porsches are such a unique car, what are the chances that a single person you'd like to deal with would have what you want? the nature of Porsche often dictates you finding what you want elsewhere....

I wanted a terra cotta interior...I was limited to who had one....

So now I went black to open myself up to a fellow Rennlister...

What I do wrong?

It wasnt that I was trying to squeeze every penny, it was that I wanted a used car with Terracotta....Not going to happen locally or with a proven dealer.
Well first of all don't take it personally. You obviously wanted the "best deal". If you HAD TO HAVE the color combo you would not have changed to black as you did. And since you were crowing about how little the black one cost you, it is not unreasonable to infer that a "deal" was important to you.

The problem is, IMH experience, is that the "best deal" (pricewise) is rarely the best deal service wise. Just is. Cars, boats, planes, homes...just is. A course in Economics would provide you with more info and in a more dispassionate manner.

Anyway, once you get the dealer who treats you fairly (whatever you perceive that to be) you'll find it's not as big a crap shoot. Guess if it has to be terracotta it does limit you. But now you have black.

I don't think luck has that much to do with buying a car if you do your homework.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Scuderia
Intermediate

I am still surprised that you did not get your attorney involved in the purchase process. Good god man your not dealing in chump change. Have your attorney draft a purchase contract for all parties to sign before any monies changes hands. This goes a long ways towards eliminating disputes, and if your attorney is sharp will prescribe remedies for any disputes that follow. You always will have more leverage with a contract in hand than without.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Mike R.
Advanced

Try contacting a consumer law attorney near you in CA. If you need help finding someone, send me a PM (I'm an attorney in NJ/NY). As noted above, it's usually not economically feasible to pursue these claims unless there's been a pattern of fraud affecting a number of people.
Mike

'06 997s
'85 Targa
Old 05-08-2006, 11:32 AM
stubenhocker
Racer

Allegretto, you are right on target!

The "retail" mentality can cause you lots of grief.

I like to say that people who shop this way have "a keen grasp of the obvious."
Old 05-08-2006, 12:11 PM
CJC
Instructor

I live in Miami and as far as I know Autobahn is not an authorized P Dealer. Not that that makes it OK
Just a heads up.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:17 PM
SrfCity
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CJC
I live in Miami and as far as I know Autobahn is not an authorized P Dealer. Not that that makes it OK
Just a heads up.
IMO 8 times out of 10 these sketchy deals are from FL dealers. FL = be extra cautious, especially if it's a little too good to be true.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:18 PM
BiggerTwin
Racer

Originally Posted by CJC
I live in Miami and as far as I know Autobahn is not an authorized P Dealer.
They deal in high end late model used cars and other motorized toys. They have a nice showroom and I stop by when I am in Florida visiting my mother. I will be wary of shopping there.

Alan
Old 05-08-2006, 04:05 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggerTwin
Not worth a lawyer's time to pursue a $1,000. What I can't believe is that there isn't a Rennlist member licensed to practice law in Florida who would write a letter or make a phone call for a fellow member. If anybody has trouble in New York, drop me a line.
Alan
Alan,

I Here you loud and clear. There have got to be some lawyers on Rennlist from Florida.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:42 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pursue it in small claims court. It will be you against them (if they show) and no attorneys are permitted in the proceedings. If you prevail either through the merits of your case or their failure to show, you'll get your money back and reasonable expenses. You will not get any punitive damages.

It's still the best shot the "average joe" has at getting justice in disputes of this size. Many of the cases are heard by a mediator first which is generally helpful.

Good luck,

MC

Quick Reply: I'm being scammed by Autobahn Motors in Delray Beach Fl