Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering a 997S without Bose.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Emmanuel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Bose system is way overrated. It's a little better that the stock system but if you want to upgrade to an aftermarket system everything becomes useless anyway. I want to upgrade to an aftermarket system but I don't want to add 300lbs to the car with huge speakers and sub-woofers. I will only install light components like carbon fiber framed speakers etc. It's not difficult to do better than the stock system.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:32 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

They've probably all sold the cars in question by now , but that's an insteresting perspective.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Emmanuel
Advanced

Yes Steve you are right, I did not look at the post dates, I am new to this board. Also first time Porsche owner. I have had many other luxury car cars, including Ferraries but never a Porsche.

Emmanuel
Old 02-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 202 Posts

I would think it would hurt re-sale value w/o it personally. Having just bought an 06 997 S, I can say that although not a great stereo.... it's decent and I don't plan on gutting the car to install anything else.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Emmanuel
Advanced

My stereo installer here in LA has been installing Pioneer Navigation units in many different cars. On late Porsches , They make a bezel to fit the unit and it looks stock. You get a touch sensitive screen, Nav, Ipod, bluetooth, Satellite etc. all in one. Way better than PCM. I think he even gets the instrument display to work. Awesome. Emmanuel
Old 02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
SKYKING
Advanced

I ordered Bose in my 08 but was disapointed. On the 09 I did not order it and I really cannot tell the difference. I also have PSE so the audio system is second in sound anyway.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

This is an old thread but here it goes. I ordered my 2010 S expressly without Bose. Not to save money, mind you, as the car came with full leather and not just what PAG calls full leather, but to save weight and preserve space in the rear shelf. The STD stereo is just fine. I boost bass on all sources except AM by 2 notches and it sounds quite natural.

I also did not order XM because I do not need it (ordered the iPod option) and do not like the external wart antenna. I did not order NAV for the same reason - I'm never lost, I have AAA maps and an iPhone if I need directions.

I ordered the car for me as I wanted it - true full leather, manual sports seats to keep them light, seatbacks covered in leather to replace the ugly volcano seatbacks, LSD for performance, bluetooth for the occasional phone call and the audio iPod interface for source flexibility.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
I ordered the car for me as I wanted it - true full leather, manual sports seats to keep them light, seatbacks covered in leather to replace the ugly volcano seatbacks, LSD for performance, bluetooth for the occasional phone call and the audio iPod interface for source flexibility.
Sounds just about perfect to me!

Quick Reply: Ordering a 997S without Bose.