Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cab Owners - Windscreen Standard Or Did Dealer Throw Me a Bone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:40 PM
S4to911
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 27 Posts

I have had my car for 11 months, and never have used it once. Can you use it by itself, or do the windows also need to be up to block the wind?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S4to911
I have had my car for 11 months, and never have used it once. Can you use it by itself, or do the windows also need to be up to block the wind?
If both the windows and the screen are up, you have zero disturbance in the car. If just the screen is up, you have limited disturbance (which increases with speed and degree of general windiness). I usually drive windows-down/screen-up and walk right into the classroom without having messed up my medium-length hair (see avatar).
Old 05-03-2006, 06:30 PM
nicoff
Racer

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
If both the windows and the screen are up, you have zero disturbance in the car. If just the screen is up, you have limited disturbance (which increases with speed and degree of general windiness). I usually drive windows-down/screen-up and walk right into the classroom without having messed up my medium-length hair (see avatar).
Just to add to what was said above, if you wanted even more noise/wind without taking the windstop completely out, you can also FOLD it. It is hinged to allow you to use it that way also.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:07 AM
gdep
Rennlist Member

Default Windscreen C2 vs C4

Hi All

I recently purchased a C4 cab and am looking for a windscreen. I've seen various windscreens selling on ebay and being advertised as fitting both the C2 and the C4, but various online sites seem to make a differentiation and sell windscreens for the C4 at approx. $140 more than the windscreen for the C2. Is this just another way to make more money off us C4 owners or is there really a difference in the windscreen between these two models?

Thanks!
Gerry
Old 05-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some bad math here

Originally Posted by gdep
Hi All

I recently purchased a C4 cab and am looking for a windscreen. I've seen various windscreens selling on ebay and being advertised as fitting both the C2 and the C4, but various online sites seem to make a differentiation and sell windscreens for the C4 at approx. $140 more than the windscreen for the C2. Is this just another way to make more money off us C4 owners or is there really a difference in the windscreen between these two models?

Thanks!
Gerry
If you bought a 997 Cab you should have the windscreen for free - it comes as standard with the car. So you might want to ask the previous owner or dealer where it is. If you do have to buy one check with the dealer parts department first.

There are no differences in internal dimensions in the 997 Cabs, regardless of drive configuration, so there is no reason to get ripped off by anyone who tells you differently.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:46 PM
gdep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Le Chef
If you bought a 997 Cab you should have the windscreen for free - it comes as standard with the car. So you might want to ask the previous owner or dealer where it is. If you do have to buy one check with the dealer parts department first.

There are no differences in internal dimensions in the 997 Cabs, regardless of drive configuration, so there is no reason to get ripped off by anyone who tells you differently.

Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned the year though - it's a 2000 996. I don't think they were giving them away for free at that time - like they're doing with the 997.

Does anyone here have experience with the windscreen for a 996 C4?

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:25 AM
rsbartley
Intermediate

I have '06 997-Windscreen with Porsche Crest $180. ON STICKER by factory. Would not have ordered, period.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:00 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

996 widebody uses a differnt windscreen that is wider. u r 2000 is a narrow body tho. storage bag btwn c2 and c4 are different

Quick Reply: Cab Owners - Windscreen Standard Or Did Dealer Throw Me a Bone?