Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crossed 2000 miles and now time for the body shop... (Updated with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:42 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deven
Sorry to hear about the dent, I'm sure they will make it perfect.

By the way Ben, you have to change your avatar, because everytime I read one of your posts, I read it with Dennis Miller's voice . Maybe you can change it to Katleen Turner or something sexy
I agree, I do read Ben's posts as DM's voice. But actually I like it because Ben writes much as DM speaks.

Am I the only guy wh thought that Miller was actually good on Moday Night Football. I mean, not always, but sometimes he was right on and funny as hell

As far as I'm concerned Ben, keep the avatar. Somehow, I think that's you.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:55 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So why the hell are you telling us about this if it does'nt bother you?
Old 04-30-2006, 04:09 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
That really wasn't your wife, was it?
Originally Posted by Soulteacher
Ben, your wife is a free-loader.
Originally Posted by icon
ben!
would you tell your wife to quit pmailing me!
I got a real kick out of that too. Thought that was pretty clever and hilarious.

When I backed out to the forum index and looked down the thread list and saw that the last post in this very thread was by "OCBen's Wife" I did a double take and said, "What the..." as I was taken aback for a split second - not that I actually thought my wife came online and posted, but I was wondering who the hell is that!

Once I read the post I pretty much knew who it was and so I played along and posted my own reply. I know who it was, even though he (Jeff) will deny it. You've got to get up pretty early in the morning to pull one over on me (Jeff).

You guys know how Jeff likes to post in lower case all the time? Well, he purposely abandoned that style in the post to try to disquise himself. Yeah. He's a clever guy but not clever enough to fool me. ... In fact, because he is such a clever prankster, it could only have been him. ..
Old 04-30-2006, 04:34 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
I got a real kick out of that too. Thought that was pretty clever and hilarious.

When I backed out to the forum index and looked down the thread list and saw that the last post in this very thread was by "OCBen's Wife" I did a double take and said, "What the..." as I was taken aback for a split second - not that I actually thought my wife came online and posted, but I was wondering who the hell is that!

Once I read the post I pretty much knew who it was and so I played along and posted my own reply. I know who it was, even though he (Jeff) will deny it. You've got to get up pretty early in the morning to pull one over on me (Jeff).

You guys know how Jeff likes to post in lower case all the time? Well, he purposely abandoned that style in the post to try to disquise himself. Yeah. He's a clever guy but not clever enough to fool me. ... In fact, because he is such a clever prankster, it could only have been him. ..
i swear it twas not me!
i even thought you might get pissed at me for the pmail joke and deleted it while you were apparently posting!
nice try for a cover though!
ya want me ta git bob ta cross check the registering ip???

Last edited by icon; 04-30-2006 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:36 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Well at least it was your friend who did it. My wife was driving the car when a crazy guy assaulted the car with his bare hands because he felt she was wrong for not letting him go first. Followed her around for 5 blocks and then at a stop light, got out and punched the hood and windows. I was actually on the phone with her when he was going berserk. One 911 call later and the cops told her to file a citizens arrest etc, quietly discouraging her from doing because of the paper work court time etc. They did come within 3 minutes of the call with uncover guys and all but she drove off once she had a chance and they found him at the bank where it all began.
She comes back tomorrow so I'll see what damage he did. Wife says he actually dented the car with his bare hands. Anger management candidate!
Old 04-30-2006, 06:06 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Eggplant Cab
Wife says he actually dented the car with his bare hands. Anger management candidate!
what a jerk-off!
sorry to hear about that!
but it's not to difficult to dent a car with your bare hands!
Old 04-30-2006, 08:05 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JFScheck
So why the hell are you telling us about this if it does'nt bother you?
Are you, talking to me?
Old 04-30-2006, 12:38 PM
erikjwells
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well... I will perhaps ignite some flames here... but IT IS JUST A CAR.... and if you have great insurance... who cares... I happen to love the look on a friends face that might not have otherwise ever gotten to experience the thrill of driving a p-car.

~erik
Old 04-30-2006, 02:32 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what a jerk-off!
sorry to hear about that!
but it's not to difficult to dent a car with your bare hands!
Yeah, my wife has done it TWICE - to both of my Mercedes. Long story, but the short of it was that I was annoyed with her about something and was driving off and she put a fist in the hood on one and the other wasn't bare hands but close - she was mad and opened the door really hard -- into a concrete post at the gas station (by accident). Both incidents occured when my Mercedes was only several months old, so you can imagine my reaction.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

i swear it twas not me!
i even thought you might get pissed at me for the pmail joke and deleted it while you were apparently posting!
What a lame ruse....it only serves to further reveal your fingerprints.

nice try for a cover though!
ya want me ta git bob ta cross check the registering ip???

Yep.....I can see your cards from here.
Like I said...
Old 04-30-2006, 03:33 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Yeah, my wife has done it TWICE - to both of my Mercedes. Long story, but the short of it was that I was annoyed with her about something and was driving off and she put a fist in the hood on one and the other wasn't bare hands but close - she was mad and opened the door really hard -- into a concrete post at the gas station (by accident). Both incidents occured when my Mercedes was only several months old, so you can imagine my reaction.
I trust she does not drive the Porsche?
Old 04-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Yikes, no offense but another anger management candidate. If my wife ever hit anything in anger, I'd be sending her to a shrink or kickboxing class to vent. Civilized humans should not be reacting like that.
But she being of meditterranean and brazilian blood, screaming and shouting like a banshee is not unheard of!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:39 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by allegretto
Are you, talking to me?
"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me?"

i was wondering the same thing allegretto?

she didnt get a hold of your buddy that did the damage did she?

Originally Posted by OCBen
Like I said...
dang!
i was hoping your wife was going to start posting!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:51 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by erikjwells
well... I will perhaps ignite some flames here... but IT IS JUST A CAR.... and if you have great insurance... who cares... I happen to love the look on a friends face that might not have otherwise ever gotten to experience the thrill of driving a p-car.

~erik
i don't think it should start any flames!
some people do - some don't!
there is no one correct answer and if you don't it doesnt mean you value your car over your friends.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:49 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eggplant Cab
Yikes, no offense but another anger management candidate. If my wife ever hit anything in anger, I'd be sending her to a shrink or kickboxing class to vent. Civilized humans should not be reacting like that.
But she being of meditterranean and brazilian blood, screaming and shouting like a banshee is not unheard of!
In nearly 20 years I've seen my wife strike something in anger about 4 or 5 times, so I'd hardly say she's a anger management candidate. If she is, then I'm seriously a candidate as my average is closer to once a year (assuming you don't count hitting furniture when stubbing ones toe or tossing toys that end up under your bare feet. ).

However, when she does get mad she gets REALLY mad (learned that from me ).

She doesn't drive the Porsche and you know what they say about 3 strikes, right? That won't be happening with the Porsche.

Quick Reply: Crossed 2000 miles and now time for the body shop... (Updated with pics)