Sponsored by:

child seat for 997

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 03:41 PM
merbesfield
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Default child seat for 997

can anyone recommend a car seat for the rear of my 997S. my child weighs 30+ pounds and is over 4 years old. can't seem to find a seat that fits the small bottoms and looks good. oh yea and safe.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:22 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Four years ago my friend purchased child seats from Porsche. I do not know if they are still available, worth checking with the dealership or better yet (eBay).
Old 04-26-2006, 04:47 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by merbesfield
can anyone recommend a car seat for the rear of my 997S. my child weighs 30+ pounds and is over 4 years old. can't seem to find a seat that fits the small bottoms and looks good. oh yea and safe.
If you are looking for booster seat, Britax's Star Riser fits perfectly. My son has been using it since he was 4 1/2 years old. There is a minimum weight and height but I think kid's maturity level is more important as they can easily get out of it than those 5 points harness carseats.

Last edited by THPorsche; 04-26-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:20 PM
tgibson1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine from porsche last month and it fits and works great. The back of the seat is detachable. I use the back when we go on longer trips so my son can rest his head on the sides.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:37 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

After trying various seats at Babies R Us, I got the Eddie Bauer black leather seat - the base fits well in the back. Forget the Porsche seats for the back - they don't fit and they are overpriced. The Britax Star Riser seems popular for older kids but I think your child is too small.

Do a search for "child seats" in the 996/997 forums - there are lots of threads.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:22 AM
cableguy
Racer

i use to laught at guys with baby seats in their P-cars. Not laughing anymore, I'm one of them.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:37 AM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 579 Likes on 265 Posts

I got the Porsche Junior seat which works well...My kid is 44# and 4 years old.

Old 04-27-2006, 12:40 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Yes, there are many threads on the topic. Yes, the Starriser by Britax is the best fit in terms of a booster style seat for kids 30-80 lbs. However, it seems the Starriser has been discontinued. I was able to get one extra one in the denim fabric (to match the one that I currently have) after searching all over the place. The Colonial blue (a not-so-great light blue) and "pretty paisley" are the only ones available in any quantity, and they are selling out.

It seems, though, that Britax has developed a successor the Starriser called the "Bodyguard." I was going to order it online because It looks like an even better seat than the Starriser in terms of safety (and better colors are available), but I was not willing to chance the fact that it might not fit. From the pictures I have seen of it, it looks like it is the same dimensions as the Starriser. Anyone have the new "Bodyguard" seat? See the following link for a picture:

http://www.specialtybaby.com/brboboseinra.html
Old 04-27-2006, 01:32 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by STATMAN
Yes, there are many threads on the topic. Yes, the Starriser by Britax is the best fit in terms of a booster style seat for kids 30-80 lbs. However, it seems the Starriser has been discontinued. I was able to get one extra one in the denim fabric (to match the one that I currently have) after searching all over the place. The Colonial blue (a not-so-great light blue) and "pretty paisley" are the only ones available in any quantity, and they are selling out.

It seems, though, that Britax has developed a successor the Starriser called the "Bodyguard." I was going to order it online because It looks like an even better seat than the Starriser in terms of safety (and better colors are available), but I was not willing to chance the fact that it might not fit. From the pictures I have seen of it, it looks like it is the same dimensions as the Starriser. Anyone have the new "Bodyguard" seat? See the following link for a picture:

http://www.specialtybaby.com/brboboseinra.html
Same here. Luckily, I was able to get an "open box" denim star riser from ebay just a couple of weeks ago to match the one I already have. I thought about the "bodyguard" also but couldn't find a store that carries them so I can try before I buy.

Quick Reply: child seat for 997