Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HAVE TO CHANGE AVATAR

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 08:39 AM
Marsellus Wallace
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the car.I have exactly the same car and love it.I notice as usual that the terracotta colour and texture looks different in the pictures to how it does 'in the flesh'.It is not as bright and shiny as in the photos.Makes a real change for me having a bold interior colour after lots of black/black,silver/black,silver/grey,black/grey cars!!!!My car has done an identical mileage too
Old 04-26-2006, 10:24 AM
black/terra
Racer

Default So tell me

Originally Posted by 2 wh
Congrats on the car.I have exactly the same car and love it.I notice as usual that the terracotta colour and texture looks different in the pictures to how it does 'in the flesh'.It is not as bright and shiny as in the photos.Makes a real change for me having a bold interior colour after lots of black/black,silver/black,silver/grey,black/grey cars!!!!My car has done an identical mileage too
do you get lots of comliments?

Does it look great in person?

Arctic silver is soooo common of a color I didnt think I ever wanted it. Does the terra cotta make it look unique enough?

Are you happy you got Tip?

2WH, I think we are joined at the hip for eternity. I'm your long lost brother!

Since we have twin cars, could you send me some detailed pics Phunkyp@pacbell.net.

Only the wheels will set us apart..

What do you think about the price I paid?

Last edited by black/terra; 04-26-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:15 AM
drbf
Pro

Congrats, it's a beautiful car...... enjoy
Old 04-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
I drove a tip 993 targa around the countryside in england and loved it. In fact I preferred it because I was already on the wrong side of thge car and couldn't get used to shifting left (& I tried to on a peugot 206)
it allows you to focus on the road more. which again being a foreigner on english country lanes is a good thing :P

I was actually surprised at how quickly I adjusted to shifting with my left hand in the UK. (Being left handed didn't hurt, either, maybe).

Shifting,--all part of the 911 experience,---but the Tips are the best they have designed so far!

dan
Old 04-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Marsellus Wallace
Instructor

Originally Posted by black/terra
do you get lots of comliments?

Does it look great in person?

Arctic silver is soooo common of a color I didnt think I ever wanted it. Does the terra cotta make it look unique enough?

Are you happy you got Tip?

2WH, I think we are joined at the hip for eternity. I'm your long lost brother!

Since we have twin cars, could you send me some detailed pics Phunkyp@pacbell.net.

Only the wheels will set us apart..

What do you think about the price I paid?
Yes I do get a lot of positive comments about the terracotta.I think its just a little bit different and sets the car off really well.Im also happy its a tip.Ive posted on the current tiptronic thread about my thoughts on tip v manual.

As for being my long lost brother thats possible.I am 1 of 10 children already!!!Dont know your exact location but I know you bought your car from fort lauderdale-funny because my dad used to have a place on pompano beach some years ago!!!!!

The US prices seem very good compared to what we pay here in the UK,my car would have been about £76000 new.Not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment im guessing the rate is about 1.7 dollars per pound which translates to $129200.(No discount here in the uk either)
Old 04-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Marsellus Wallace
Instructor

PS. the wheels are the same apart from I have the coloured crests???
Old 04-27-2006, 01:24 AM
black/terra
Racer

Default funny how your interior looks more red than mine

mine looks more orangy in the pics

Quick Reply: HAVE TO CHANGE AVATAR