Sponsored by:

Porsche Car Configurator

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:36 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Car Configurator

What is up with the North American car configurator? Why is the turbo and GT3 not there yet? Why is ours always the last to show up? I can't read the German one and the UK version isn't a good representation of our market, we have a lot more standard equipment historically. The order guide isn't as much fun. Sorry for the rant, I can't take it any more. I want my GT3. Grrrr
Old 04-25-2006, 09:16 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The car configurator is limited at best. Many options are not shown. The images often do not represent the appearance of the part. The explanatory notes are generally uninformative. It is also prone to erratic operation. It would make sense to get it working properly before adding more models to it. If this was of any real concern to PCNA, they would put it to rights.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:19 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Michael, your rational response to my irrational rant isn't any fun. C'mon, misery loves company!
Old 04-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

the car configurator is a POS, it's about as reliable and technologically advanced as an old 924 turbo.
I say...
We burn it to the ground. BURN IT ALL!

(ps how's that for irrational)
Old 04-25-2006, 09:30 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Now that's more like it. But, I owned a 1980 924 Turbo. Mine was a great car for the time. That WAS when I thought 150hp was enough. Now nothing is enough.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:27 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are plenty of forum members already doing the "irrational" postings. I preferr to stick to the rational approach. I am also misguided in that I proofread my posts, stay on topic, avoid undiplomatic statements and don't post useless replies. (This one is an exception.)
Old 04-27-2006, 02:24 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MichaelL
There are plenty of forum members already doing the "irrational" postings. I preferr to stick to the rational approach. I am also misguided in that I proofread my posts, stay on topic, avoid undiplomatic statements and don't post useless replies. (This one is an exception.)
well you have to have fun
my irrational post was actually tagged onto the end of a post with an analogy, thus making it all look like an irrational post.

Quick Reply: Porsche Car Configurator