Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fricking Scratch!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006 | 12:07 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by ronmart
If you don't mind, then I'd happily pay you (including a service charge for your effort) via a check mailed to you or paypal if you send me one you think is the best.
No problem really. They're only about 8 or 9 bucks, and shipping should only be a couple bucks at the most.

Heck, I'll gladly send you one free of charge. It'll be my treat. Just PM me your mailing address and the next time I swing by there I'll pick one up for you and mail it out to you. It may take me a week or two, if that's okay with you. I'm in the middle of negotiations on a house purchase and will need to focus on that for now.
Old 04-28-2006 | 12:38 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by OCBen
No problem really. They're only about 8 or 9 bucks, and shipping should only be a couple bucks at the most.

Heck, I'll gladly send you one free of charge. It'll be my treat. Just PM me your mailing address and the next time I swing by there I'll pick one up for you and mail it out to you. It may take me a week or two, if that's okay with you. I'm in the middle of negotiations on a house purchase and will need to focus on that for now.
Sweet thanks!

You better not let the word get out though or it'll be mitts for everybody.

Good luck with the house! Let's see a new 997, a new Mini and now a house? Things are going pretty good in the OC for you aren't they Ben?
Old 04-28-2006 | 01:08 AM
Snoopy
Racer

Oh boy. I just read this and have to say that when I first got my car I bought a Griot's boar's hair brush. I really liked the idea that it was clean rinsing. That said, I am convinced that it caused micro marring and I was very careful, rinsed it all the time and used a very, very light touch. If you go to autopia.org there have been some good discussions about it. I'm not saying that it's evil, but I am done with it. Oh, I also love the Griot's Car Wash as well as that little four finger lambskin mitt for the wheels.
Old 04-28-2006 | 01:21 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Oh boy. I just read this and have to say that when I first got my car I bought a Griot's boar's hair brush. I really liked the idea that it was clean rinsing. That said, I am convinced that it caused micro marring and I was very careful, rinsed it all the time and used a very, very light touch.
I'm really disappointed that the paint on our p-cars is so soft that it can scratch so easily. Wish PAG would license that new technology that MB is using to produce really tough scratch resistant coats, or develop their own....and real soon too!
Old 04-28-2006 | 01:28 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by ronmart
Good luck with the house! Let's see a new 997, a new Mini and now a house? Things are going pretty good in the OC for you aren't they Ben?
For the time being....until I get laid off!

My Mini is scheduled to be built next week, should be arriving first part of June or so, right about when we'll be moving in to our new digs if this deal goes through.
Old 04-28-2006 | 01:39 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
... the windshield cracked ...dealer will try to take care of it
Just for the record: they did take care of it for $40, which I thought was very inexpensive (no insurance involvement - they just did this weird filling thing plus ultraviolet light... you can hardly see it anymore).
Old 04-28-2006 | 01:47 PM
smackboy1
Pro

Originally Posted by jfraser
..I suggest you try this product
http://www.langka.com/ (plenty of how to videos on this site)

It makes touching up easier, and look better.

The product ships with a blob remover (which will get rid of the excess that you say is now smudged)
What is this Langka Blob Eliminator and how does it work? Is it an abrasive or a solvent? Is it a lot better than wet sanding with 2000 grit? I'm getting pretty good results with 2000 grit but if there is a better more foolproof way I'm game.

Quick Reply: Fricking Scratch!