Sponsored by:

Best Dealer in Seattle Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Friday
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Dealer in Seattle Area

Looking to buy a new C2s soon. Who's got best service and pricing,within a few hundred miles of Seattle. Thanks
Old 04-15-2006, 09:30 PM
SR71BLACKBIRD
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my 993 from Roger Jobs in Bellingham and they gave me great service and really take care of the customer. Carol Weymouth was the sales person who took care of me - really excellent

Scott
Old 04-15-2006, 09:36 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by SR71BLACKBIRD
I bought my 993 from Roger Jobs in Bellingham and they gave me great service and really take care of the customer. Carol Weymouth was the sales person who took care of me - really excellent

Scott
A buddy of mine bought from Roger Jobs in WA. He really thought they were good people. Service guy is a Porschephile and has worked on them at Roger Jobs since they opened decades ago; that's gotta mean something. Seattle Porsche in Bellview is more impersonal(?); I don't remember why he didn't go there.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:28 PM
duydle
8th Gear

Don't go to Barrier Porsche in Bellievue. The salesmen there are a bunch arrogant kids. Last year when I was in the market for a 996TT or 997s, I was negotiating with Dan. When I decided to buy a 996TT from another dealer up the street, he stopped talking to me when I visited Barrier. Didn't even stop by and asked me how I liked the turbo and ignored that I was there! I guess he was upset at me for not buying it from him. Very unprofessional!
Old 04-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

don't forget the canadian dealers too, you (may) be able to stretch your dollar
speedway motors in victoria, and mcl motorcars in vancouver
for used cars, there's weissach in vancouver www.weissach.com (also a ruf supplier) and london motorcars www.londonmotorcars.com and for some new cars that are special 'fleet' ordered and sold new, there's also the Urban Garage in West Vancouver www.theurbangarage.com
Old 04-17-2006, 03:38 PM
littlebigfish
Instructor

Jamie Demaro in Bellevue is outstanding and bery knowledgeable
Old 04-17-2006, 10:33 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree - don't go to Barrier.

I bought mine from Roger Jobs (again, Carol), but I wouldn't buy from them again.

I should have bought from Carrera Motors (http://carrera.porschedealer.com/) in Bend OR (ask for Thomas Robertson - carreraclassics@carreramotors.com), but I didn't want to have to navigate the road from Bend to Seattle in the winter with a brand new car NOR did I want to have to pay to have it shipped.

If you must stay in WA state, then go with Roger Jobs but don't expect any royal treatment. Your delivery will be no different than if you picked up a base Jeep product from them.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

ask for steve c at barrier. good guy.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Jim N
Track Day

Default Barrier OK

I bought from Barrier and the experience was fine. The salesman did everything he said he would do. The convince of shopping locally is a plus.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
MMD
Banned

Do you ever think about how your car will be treated if you buy it one place and bring it to a close-by competitor for service? Is this just paranoid, or do you think they'd treat you differently? IOW, do you think you'd get a touch better service if you bring the car to the place you bought it?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:22 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MMD
Do you ever think about how your car will be treated if you buy it one place and bring it to a close-by competitor for service? Is this just paranoid, or do you think they'd treat you differently? IOW, do you think you'd get a touch better service if you bring the car to the place you bought it?
I'll give Barrier's Service Department credit that they have treated me extraordinarily well for a minor warranty issue I had.

Roger Jobs actually sent a tech to my house (90 miles away) on a Saturday (when their service department is closed) to replace my glovebox* in my driveway while I detailed my car. They even offered to trailer (enclosed) my car to their dealership if I want to use them for service and they have Cayman loaners if I want to drive it up there for service (and they'll throw in a free lunch/dinner voucher to a nice local restaurant).

* = there was a minor scratch on the leather that I didn't like so I sent them a digital picture and they ordered a replacement immediately.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:24 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
ask for steve c at barrier. good guy.
I worked with Steve and agree that he was a nice guy.

I also worked with Ryan Miller who is nice, but can come on a bit cheesy at times. Overall he did try very hard to sell me a 996 in 2002 and even let me take one home overnight with the instructions "drive it like you stole it". I did and put 200 miles on it in 4 hours.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:09 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody have any experience dealing with Sunset in Beaverton, OR?
Old 04-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Sooner
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a friend that bought at Sunset. Took a lot of haggling to get them to go under Sticker. They are the only game in town, and they know it. Their Parts dept. people are great, I get stuff from them a couple of times a year, service dept is so/so.

Last edited by Sooner; 04-19-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:32 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by stubenhocker
Anybody have any experience dealing with Sunset in Beaverton, OR?
Search the 997 forum for sunset. I read a thread a couple months ago about them that wasn't favorable.

Quick Reply: Best Dealer in Seattle Area