Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luckily Porsche cars sell themselves and not dealerships!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 08:54 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djantlive
Lexus wasn't so great bc sales just give short test drives.
If it's a Lexus, why bother with a test drive. You know what it will drive like...a Lexus.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:57 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast1
I've gone to Len Stoler in MD a couple of times and I really enjoyed the experience. It's been almost two years since I was last there and maybe things have changed because of new people, but when I was there I was treated like royalty even though I had never bought a car there before. I was given a tour of their new facilities, was introduced to their Porsche Service writer, and met the Porsche Certified Mechanics and Porsche GM. Complimentary beverages were always being offered, and they even invited me to take the 996 on an overnight extended test drive to make certain that it was the car for me.
That's the kind of places I buy from, not the obsequeous BS part, but the Service Dept tour, "here's the keys, come back when you know" dealerships.

I will knowingly pay more at a dealership who understands Service.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:35 PM
humbug
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has been almost one month since picking up my C4S Cab and I have not received any surveys etc. about my buying experience. Is this normal?
Old 04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 132 Posts

I just received my survey in the mail yesterday (Monday). I picked my car up on Friday. Considering there is a Sunday in there, they must have sent the survey out to me the day I picked up my car. I've yet to complete it.

Matt
Old 04-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Another dealership that I have bought from extensively over the yers (and who serviced several of my Porsches) were upfront in everything they did, didn't promise the world, but were equally concerned with taking care of you AFTER the sale. I bought a VW from them, a Mercedes and a Porsche 911 Turbo. They had the best bunch of guys in their repair department. SADLY,--they are not a Porsche dealership. (They are presently a Saab dealer). They deal with many high end cars and have a significant presence on the internet today. BRI Imports,--Oklahoma City. Sam Flippo is the owner and president. It's a family business. If you ever buy from them you will walk away knowing that they truly cared.

Dan
Old 04-18-2006, 07:07 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I live in Houston. I bought my car in New Jersey which should tell you something about the dealerships in this city. It is ridiculous that a city of this size has such poor dealerships. We have Momentum which sells Porschem, BMW, Jaguar, Volvo, and VW. There was Advantage Porsche too, but they were bought out by Momentum and so now with no competition it is worse than ever. Just a poor overall experience, and I hate having to take my car there for anything. Anyway, I bought from Schneider-Nelson Porsche in New Jersey. Gary Tucker(internet sales) and Mr. Schwartz(manager) were great to work with and very accomodating. I bough the car sight unseen, and never saw it until it was delivered to my door in Houston. It was an overall great experience, and I would buy from them again.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Realek4
Cruisin'

I cant wait for my bad experience with buying the 997 gt3
Old 04-18-2006, 08:29 PM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Sheesh now I'm woried. I placed my order back in late Feb. and dealer estimates a May delivery. So far the person I am working with (knock on wood) has been very professional and curtious. I got $2500 off MSRP not a great deal but good for N. California.

And I did get the bottled water while we were going through the option list
Old 04-18-2006, 10:01 PM
chbj
Advanced

We bought my wife's Cayenne through Carlsen in Redwood City. That was the best car buying experience I ever had. None of the BMW and Audi dealers in the Bay Area I dealt with before came close.

I chose to buy my 997 through a broker because I don't like to negotiate. On a Cayenne it was easy, but I figured on a 997 it will be a different story. The broker got me a great deal with Carlsen and a sales manager from Carlsen called me a day after I picked up the car to make sure I knew the car came from them and to thank me for doing business with them. He also offered to help me with any questions I might have. I guess the only people not happy with this arrangement are the sales guys on the floor.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:23 AM
DTMELM
Track Day

Originally Posted by kauai_diver
Sheesh now I'm woried. I placed my order back in late Feb. and dealer estimates a May delivery. So far the person I am working with (knock on wood) has been very professional and curtious. I got $2500 off MSRP not a great deal but good for N. California.

And I did get the bottled water while we were going through the option list
Which dealership? (I'm in Mountain View)...

Derek
Old 04-19-2006, 01:31 AM
tkids
Pro

Last November when trying to order a C4, the SAC dealer Niello Porsche was willing to give me $4750 off. However, just trying them to get them to call me back was an effort. I went out of state to get a better deal.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:32 AM
kauai_diver
Straight to Video
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DTMELM
Which dealership? (I'm in Mountain View)...

Derek
I went to Fremont even though San Jose is closer for me. I'll recomend my salesman if all goes well when I pick up in May.

As for why Fremont? The staff was friendly, I've been there a few times before and never felt any pressure. When I was ready to order they said come on in. I've heard mixed reviews of the San Jose dealorship but I think in reality its all a roll of the dice. Everyone is different and everyone has their good days and bad days. I just happen to show up on a few bad days at San Jose
Old 04-20-2006, 05:13 PM
humbug
Advanced

For those of you who dealt with Hoehn or Pioneerin San Diego, what was your impression? Also, which service department would you trust for maintainance work or repair (Hoehn or Pioneer)? On a separate thought, still looking for advice on any places in San Diego that you trust to get tire replacement or repair for your 997?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Marsellus Wallace
Instructor

Hate to say it but the dealerships are just as bad in the UK.Called into one to pick up some brochures-didnt have any.Said they would sent them to me.Im still waiting 6 months later.I asked to speak to a sales person but the receptionist couldnt find anyone(think it would have been easier to get an audience with the pope!!)I then asked for the sales person to call me when he was around.Never got the call,and they never got my money-I bought privatly.

Quick Reply: Luckily Porsche cars sell themselves and not dealerships!