Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lightweight, non-bulky, car cover reccos?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 06:23 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lightweight, non-bulky, car cover reccos?

I need an indoor cover to keep in 997 trunk for occasions when I want protect car for short periods.

Regular covers seem too bulky, especially when not folded carefully.

Anybody have a suggestion for such a lightweight compact cover?

Thank you
Old 04-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 136 Posts

I got in one from Griott's that is a totally different formulation,--much lighter than the covers of yesteryear. Thus, it's more compact to roll up and toss in the trunk. One other factor to consider with TOO light a cover is the impact of the wind on them. You will have to tie them on everytime or they may take off on you.

Dan
Old 04-13-2006, 07:56 PM
rmklaw
Instructor

I purchased the Porsche one with the color emblem. It is an indoors only extremely light and form fitting.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:59 AM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by rmklaw
I purchased the Porsche one with the color emblem. It is an indoors only extremely light and form fitting.
Is that the one that's about us$350? Looks like a good choice.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:49 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

The one in my avatar works well. It's the one rmklaw mentioned. Very light, extremely dustproof and comes with a handy storage bag.
One caution, if you have a Cab the cover liner grips the top like velcro..... It does leave some "lint" as well..... although it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be!!

Old 04-14-2006, 11:54 AM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
The one in my avatar works well. It's the one rmklaw mentioned. Very light, extremely dustproof and comes with a handy storage bag.
One caution, if you have a Cab the cover liner grips the top like velcro..... It does leave some "lint" as well..... although it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be!!

Thanks 1Gunner. Nice emblem BUT: I was hoping to avoid advertising what's underneath the cover! Dang, sure looks like THE cover to get though.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:02 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the best price I have found:
http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...ory_Code=997cc
Old 04-14-2006, 12:08 PM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

if you have a clean, weatherproof garage, i dont see the need for a cover unless you are not going to drive the car for a long time or work is being done in the garage and you need to protect the car surface.......there is also the danger of scratching the paint unless the car is clean and free of any debris before the cover is put on....my 360 spider came with a beautiful ferrari cover and i never used it....
Old 04-14-2006, 06:44 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by scycle2020
if you have a clean, weatherproof garage, i dont see the need for a cover unless you are not going to drive the car for a long time or work is being done in the garage and you need to protect the car surface.......there is also the danger of scratching the paint unless the car is clean and free of any debris before the cover is put on....my 360 spider came with a beautiful ferrari cover and i never used it....
I figure it comes in handy if you have to park, for just a few hours under a tree giving off lots of pollen or near birds, or even a place where you want to "hide" the car from minimal but possible vandal-potential.

Quick Reply: Lightweight, non-bulky, car cover reccos?