Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Dancing" under (Track) braking ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 05:39 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Default "Dancing" under (Track) braking ?

See my post on the DE-Racing forum:

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/265780-dancing-under-braking-997s.html

Any other 997S owner has experienced this?

Track event review (http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com/...-8-report.html)
Old 04-10-2006, 07:06 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

At PDE coming into 5, I have experienced a bit of a wiggle, just the tires at the limit, nothing to worry about.

But after reading the blog and how cold it was I would think that it was more temp related...
PS2's do not like the cold....and I've had a cold tire surprize in the low 50° range.

Things should behave differently at a reasonable temperature.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:05 PM
MCoupe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing to report from my end. Experienced a different type of back wiggle on a track day but that is another story
Old 04-10-2006, 11:26 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I was at the RING with my S X51, and the temp was around low 40s but no rain or snow. I didn't have your problems with the "dancing" but the PS2 did need to be brought up to working temp in those conditions. Once up to working temp, it was nice and grippy. I made sure the tires were nice and warm before jumping on the track. Did you check your tire temps or even pressure?
Old 04-10-2006, 11:55 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Eggplant Cab
Well I was at the RING with my S X51, and the temp was around low 40s but no rain or snow. I didn't have your problems with the "dancing" but the PS2 did need to be brought up to working temp in those conditions. Once up to working temp, it was nice and grippy. I made sure the tires were nice and warm before jumping on the track. Did you check your tire temps or even pressure?
Tires were already quite warm (10+ laps at full pace) while experiencing the above. Hot pressure was 8-9psi above cold pressure. Didn't have a pyro at hand but I guess tires reached 140F +
Old 04-11-2006, 02:56 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not experience the wiggle, but I did experience tire softness while going into a high speed turn coming from the rear (for a lack of a better word, "floating"). It was scary... (It was a hot day and the tires warm) don't know if I was at the limit between traction and out of control?
Old 04-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cgomez
Tires were already quite warm (10+ laps at full pace) while experiencing the above. Hot pressure was 8-9psi above cold pressure. Didn't have a pyro at hand but I guess tires reached 140F +
Well the thread over at DE covers a lot of what could be wrong. Actually have you tried bringing it into the dealer? They aren't racers but maybe they know it's something to do with the alignment or tires or brakes or suspension.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:42 PM
MCoupe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cvaquez....What you experienced is different. This has to do with our suspension setup. Couple things you can do:

- Triail braking with left foot (light braking)
- Apply more gas

Why? To plant the vehicle more to the ground.

Carful though as these will require experience and a lot of practice

Quick Reply: "Dancing" under (Track) braking ?