Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Setting (Do it yourself or dealer?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts
Red face PCM Setting (Do it yourself or dealer?)

I finally got a chance to read the owners book and I wanted to change some settings such as auto door lock, day run lights, orientation lights etc. According to the owners book I can do this by accessing specific menus. I can't find the menus and after wasting lots of time today, I realized that maybe these are only accessable by the dealer. Can anyone give a little insight? BTW, has anyone set the homelink with a rolling code opener? Gees, I couldn't get that to work either. My Japanese cars were simple to program...
Thanks!
Old 04-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 130 Posts

Do you have the Sports Crono? I think you need that to be able to do this yourself.

Matt
Old 04-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

yes, I do have sport chrono
Old 04-08-2006, 03:43 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

The instructions are in the PCM manual - I think under Individual Settings. Homelink is Homelink whether Japanese are German - should work the same.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:55 PM
icruze
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
I finally got a chance to read the owners book and I wanted to change some settings such as auto door lock, day run lights, orientation lights etc. According to the owners book I can do this by accessing specific menus. I can't find the menus and after wasting lots of time today, I realized that maybe these are only accessable by the dealer. Can anyone give a little insight? BTW, has anyone set the homelink with a rolling code opener? Gees, I couldn't get that to work either. My Japanese cars were simple to program...
Thanks!
You can program all those things yourself. I did it a while back so this is strictly from memory. You start on the "Main" screen and hit the "Set" button. This should bring up a menu with "Individual Memory" somewhere. In order to select this you may have the engine turned on...I seem to recall just turning on the PCM did not work. Select the "Individual Memory" and then you should be taken to a sub-menu that has all of the items you want to change.
If you have any problems, let me know and I'll go back to my car and confirm this is the correct procedure.

Also, the Homelink does work with rolling code opener. Just remember that after you program the homelink button on the car you then have 30 seconds or so to link it with the contol panel for your garage door opener. You need to see your garage door opener manual on how to do this since there are different procedures among the different brands.

I hope this helps.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:08 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This will solve the homelink problem for you.

http://www.homelink.com/training/train.taf
Old 04-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Thanks guys, I will try this again and I'm printing the homelink stuff right now.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Mine didn't display the "individual memory" menu. Is it my option package that won't allow the display oif that menu? Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:47 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

With the key in ignition
Ignition ON
Go:
Main Menu > Press Set
Individual Memory will appear
Old 04-09-2006, 01:25 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MJones
With the key in ignition
Ignition ON
Go:
Main Menu > Press Set
Individual Memory will appear
When I do that this is the result:

PCM System
Main Display

I am not sure how to scroll between them. Maybe the Individual Memory is one level down.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

mine is the same as ohsixx, only two PSM and Main display
Old 04-09-2006, 02:30 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
mine is the same as ohsixx, only two PSM and Main display
I did figure out how to scroll; rotary **** #17. It is located two thingys below the set button.

There must be some piece of optional equipment that we do not have. Guess I can live with it. Gotta go drive now.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:22 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

The ability to set these features without having the dealer do it is only available if you have the Sport Chrono option. Pretty clear instructions with pictures in the PCM manual. I believe the topic is in the Individual Memory section of the PCM Manual, not the Owner's Manual.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:15 PM
icruze
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohsixx
There must be some piece of optional equipment that we do not have. Guess I can live with it. Gotta go drive now.

The Sports Chrono gives you "Analog and digital chronometer, sport button in the center console and display in the PCM, also adds ability to adjust lighting, wipers, AC and door locking to suit personal preference."

So if you have it, like Bob in NY, you should have the ability to do this. The fact that you only show PCM system and Main Display (Individual Memory and Steering wheel should be underneath), makes me think that you may not have the correct version of the PCM software. There was a thread here a while back regarding how to check which version you have (I think its in the manual as well). You may need to have the dealer update the software.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:53 PM
ohsixx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by icruze
The Sports Chrono gives you "Analog and digital chronometer, sport button in the center console and display in the PCM, also adds ability to adjust lighting, wipers, AC and door locking to suit personal preference."

So if you have it, like Bob in NY, you should have the ability to do this. The fact that you only show PCM system and Main Display (Individual Memory and Steering wheel should be underneath), makes me think that you may not have the correct version of the PCM software. There was a thread here a while back regarding how to check which version you have (I think its in the manual as well). You may need to have the dealer update the software.
Just went out to the garage to check it out. My PCM software is version 3.2

Does anyone else have another version?

EDIT: I do have the sport button on the center console.

Last edited by ohsixx; 04-09-2006 at 06:13 PM.

Quick Reply: PCM Setting (Do it yourself or dealer?)