Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Loaner Car When You Take Your Car For Service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 10:54 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 wh
With regard to loaner cars or courtesy cars as they are called in the uk,most uk dealers tend to supply new cars of the same manufacturer they are selling as loaners,and then when they are 3 months old sell them as ex demonstration,and replace with new again,so I would say that it does not cost the dealership anything to let their customers use loaner car.
but don't they have money tied up in those cars that they are paying interest on?
when sold as demo's don't they discount them?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Heddok
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in Edmonton the one and only P-car dealer always has an 05 or 06 Cayenne as a loaner. They sell them at a discount after a year I think. The first time I had my Boxster in for service I didn't know this so my wife and son were suprised to see me show up in it. My son is 15 and has his learners permit so when we went outside the next day to take him to school I tossed him the keys and said "You drive" . He just about fainted and was so nervous and careful I thought we'd take an hour to go the five miles. His friends were impressed and I've probably ruined him for life!
Old 04-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Heddok
.... and I've probably ruined him for life!
And he'll probably thank you for it!...

Old 04-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

gee that kid has a tough life
haha
Old 04-04-2006, 05:01 PM
P-Nuts
Racer

I usually get a Camry, which is dangerous if you try and corner it at anything more than 10% of the speed you would a 911 !!! Got a Cayanne once....not impressed with the drivetrain, although it was only a crappy V6.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Marsellus Wallace
Instructor

Originally Posted by icon
but don't they have money tied up in those cars that they are paying interest on?
when sold as demo's don't they discount them?
Yes they probably do have money tied up in the demos but I would say that car dealers in the UK make more money than those in the US,judging by the prices we pay for cars,parts and servicing too compared to those in the US,so I imagine they can afford it ok.

Also Porsche cars are not discounted here like they are in the US-you may get a set of mats included in the sale if you are lucky!I think that enables the dealer to obtain a price very close to sticker price for the ex-loaners,and covers their costs of supplying them.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:21 PM
drbf
Pro

They gave me a Ford SUV loaner.

Quick Reply: Porsche Loaner Car When You Take Your Car For Service?