Sponsored by:

Owners of Black 997s: Feedback requested

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 03:12 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
Wouldn't clear bra take care of the soft paint problem on the bumper?
Yes, I think it does in that it hides the micro scratches and "marring". (Like having another clear coat). I had mine done and it took care of it. Just need to wax the bra with a good carnuba from time to time. I'm very pleased with the results from Sam's installl.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best investment next to owning the 997!

Once my car arrives, Armorglove is going to arrive and "glove" the car the same as I had on my Lexus SC430.

Does make quite a difference in protection!

Regards,
Deanski
Old 03-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Default Polishing Pads for German Paint

OK, maybe you guys don't know this product, but they ARE very good for polishing German paint with a PC.

German Polish Pads

Regards,
Deanski
Old 03-31-2006, 12:57 AM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

In regards to AutoButler.....it's pure crap!

It's just a polymer sealant and perhaps a Scotchgard treatment on the carpets. A polymer sealant lasts between 10 and 12 months and then they do a "booster" every 3 or 6 months. So what's the difference if you apply a polymer sealant and re-apply it every 3 months?

You save yourself the money....that's what.

In regards to black cars.....they are a love/hate relationship!

Nothing looks as beautiful and brilliant as a freshly detailed black car, especially a Porsche....then two hours later it gets all jacked up

As already noted the bumper areas are painted with a flex agent (ever notice stress fractures in these areas after they have been hit?) so polishing them can be tricky. If they are an eyesore then try using a glaze, like Meguiars #7, to hide or mask them.

Clear coats are a very thin film or layer of polyurethane.....or plastic and they will have scratches in them. They key is to reduce introducing more while washing, drying, polishing and waxing.

Try washing with a deep sea sponge, use a high lubricating wash (high suds content does not always = lubrication or cleaning ability), dry with waffle weave microfiber.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Owners of Black 997s: Feedback requested