Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

System Fault - Need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Professor Gascan
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System Fault - Need some advice.

Hey guys, great forum you have here!

My dad just got his 06 997 C4 delivered (we don't have a Porsche dealer in town) and right away we notice the dreaded "System Fault - Visit workshop" warning. It was like this when we received the car, so there's no telling if it was like that when it left the dealer. Anyway, from what I've been able the gather the hood latch system fault has been fixed, and we haven't heard any latch release noise, so I don't suspect its that. The car has TPMS, so the dealer told us to switch it from summer tires to winter tires, turn the car off, turn it back on, switch the tires back, then drive at over 80km/h for at least 10km. The system fault when out while we were doing the changes, but as soon as the TPMS "learned" the new pressure, the system fault came back on.

We're at a loss, and since we're 500km away from the nearest dealer, popping the car over for a quick scan isn't exactly an option. Needless to say, my dad is somewhat pissed with the whole ordeal, as it is his first new car in a long time. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
Old 03-24-2006, 02:13 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't have my car yet, so I'm not entirely familiar. However, I test drove a C2S with TPMS that was brand new (27 miles), and within a couple of miles of test driving the system fault came on and stayed on. Anyone else with TPMS had errors/problems?
Old 03-24-2006, 02:21 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by Professor Gascan

We're at a loss, and since we're 500km away from the nearest dealer, popping the car over for a quick scan isn't exactly an option. Needless to say, my dad is somewhat pissed with the whole ordeal, as it is his first new car in a long time. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
You're married to the dealer service on this one I'm afraid. Call Porsche Roadside Assist and have them pick the car up on a flatbed truck and drive it to the dealer. Don't drive it there yourself, and make Porsche pay for the towing.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Professor Gascan
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by MMD
You're married to the dealer service on this one I'm afraid. Call Porsche Roadside Assist and have them pick the car up on a flatbed truck and drive it to the dealer. Don't drive it there yourself, and make Porsche pay for the towing.
Is there any commercially available scanning software that we could use to diagnose the car ourselves with a PC? Something similar to the VAG-COM system for VW/Audi?
Old 03-24-2006, 04:10 PM
MMD
Banned

Originally Posted by Professor Gascan
Is there any commercially available scanning software that we could use to diagnose the car ourselves with a PC? Something similar to the VAG-COM system for VW/Audi?
Dunno. BUT that's a good idea for the original poster Professor Gascan. Mebbe take the car to a nearby VW service department and perhaps they can plug the car in and give you some information which would make things easier... .
Old 03-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 285 Posts

I saw a fault code reader advertised in pano or excellence recently.

Sounds like you have to take it in...my car had the front end control module replaced (was not the hood latch) on day 2 when it tripped that same system fault.

Quick Reply: System Fault - Need some advice.