Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adaptive Sport Seats vs Regular Sport Seats HELP ME QUICKLY PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I did get to sit in A.S.S and 1990964C4 is right; in comparison to my existing "Comfort" seats to difference is not worth $2K!

I want to thank you all for your feedback. You have just saved me $2K and additional frustration from the wife! ;-)
Old 04-22-2011, 01:40 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ame546
Need help quickly. Wasn't planning on getting adaptive seats, but know I'm mulling over this. Can guys who have or don't have these attest to them.
Don't know what your intent is, but if you are EVER (even remotely) thinking you might upgrade to racing oriented seats; order it with Sport Buckets. As an factory option, they are less than half the price to get a pair from a dealer.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:48 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I am one of the few lucky guys -- I specified the standard seats in my 997.2 GT3, and planed to swapping them out for race seats of my choice later. However, when I took delivery of my car, I found that it came with the Adaptive Sport Seat.

As far as I heard, Porsche somehow 'once' happened to running out of certain standard seats in the production line, and someone decided to installing the Adaptive Sport Seats on those few cars as a 'freebie'. No kidding.

I guess I have no complaints. I could choose to keep enjoying my car with the 'freebie' Adaptive Sport Seats (which it feels very comfortable to me), or I could sell them (yields more money than the standard seats that I originally specified) and fan the money into buying the race seats of my choice.

I checked the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity of my car, and noticed that it was built around the Oktoberfest month. So, my wild guess was that some folks at the Porsche factory must had some really good beers, and allowed this beautiful mistake to happen.

Lesson learned... when order our car, try to time for the Oktoberfest production, and hope for some beautiful mistake to happen (there is no guarantee, though. I have seen a manual transmission 997 came with the PDK steering wheel from the factory...)

Regards,

Quick Reply: Adaptive Sport Seats vs Regular Sport Seats HELP ME QUICKLY PLEASE