Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any changes in store for the '07 C2??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 07:50 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any changes in store for the '07 C2??

I'm close to pulling the trigger on an '06 C2 or C2S and am wondering if anyone has heard any rumors of changes to the 997 for '07? Specifically, I'm wondering if Porsche plans any increases in HP or torque for the base C2.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm guessing that they will add a few more things to the options list, make TPMS standard, and may alter the color lineup by 1-2 colors. Oh,--and add about $3000 to the base prices.

Dan
Old 03-02-2006, 10:47 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Heard prices were going up (but TPMS is now standard - what a bargan)...

Yea, prices going up - Did I say that yet?
Old 03-02-2006, 10:55 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Thanks for the quick response, guys. BTW, does anyone have any stories of driving a really hard bargain and how much under msrp they were able to negotiate on a c2?
Old 03-02-2006, 11:00 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Negotiating the price of a car depends on how badly you DON'T need the car vs. how badly the salesman DOES need you to buy the car. If you hit the right guy at the right time on the right car you can get a steal. The wrong guy on the wrong day and you won't get a steal. Shop around enough and know when to walk away is key. Don't settle for a bad deal. There are lots of cars out there.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:48 PM
WJS
Intermediate

There has been a lot of discussion here about discounts over the past couple of months. I ordered a C4S about 3 weeks ago (March-Build) My MSRP was just over 107K. Net after discount was a bit under 104K. Right around 3%. As it turns out, my deal was pretty good, but not great. Others have seen in excess of 5%, sometimes more if you can take a car from dealer stock. Especially if you are in an area where there are extreme seasonal factors with winter. However, as spring approaches, you will probably be waiting until next November or December for the best deals. Others with more experience may disagree, but my feeling is that you will pay a bit more of a premium if you want to order a custom build, especially if your dealer doesn't have a slot available and has to trade a future allocation with another dealer. My sales guy worked very hard to find me a March build date, as such, I was pleased with the price I negotiated. (And he threw in a cover for me.)

Ward

Quick Reply: Any changes in store for the '07 C2??