Sponsored by:

Sebring 12 hour 2006

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 12:38 AM
WJS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sebring 12 hour 2006

I have been offered a chance to attend the 12 Hours of Sebring. Has anyone been to this event that can share any tips on maximizing the experience? I'm looking forward to seeing a few P-cars on the track, not to mention what will be in attendance at the "Porsche Coral".

I was at the "Redneck Superbowl" (Daytona 500) a week and a half ago. Froze my a$$ off. Pretty cool to watch nonetheless. I'm assuming the Sebring will be a bit different, aside from a few right hand turns that is.

Ward
Old 03-02-2006, 11:07 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WJS
I have been offered a chance to attend the 12 Hours of Sebring. Has anyone been to this event that can share any tips on maximizing the experience? I'm looking forward to seeing a few P-cars on the track, not to mention what will be in attendance at the "Porsche Coral".

I was at the "Redneck Superbowl" (Daytona 500) a week and a half ago. Froze my a$$ off. Pretty cool to watch nonetheless. I'm assuming the Sebring will be a bit different, aside from a few right hand turns that is.

Ward
I've been to just about everything with regards to races, but I have never been to the 12 at Sebring. Go have a blast. There's nothing like racing live.

Sorry I don't mean to stomp on your thread, but the best time in my life was going to the 1997 24hrs of Le Mans. I had a VIP pass from BMW Motorsport. I had full access to everything. I mean everything. I was in the hot pits most of the race with Team Schnitzer and watched the cars roll off on the grid. It was one the most amazing weekends of my life.

Here's some pics all taken by yours truly The first two photo are around less then one hour into the race. Look at the train of cars. McLaren F1 GTR's followed by the Prosche 996GT1's. Those were the days. The sound those McLaren's made were just pure music to my ears. I will never ever forget that weekend in June.

Sorry for some of the pics, they were all scanned. They didn't have great digital cams back in '97.
Attached Images    

Last edited by MHC2S; 03-02-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:17 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Here's some more pic's of Le Mans from that year. This is the start grid right before the race. Notice the #25 Porsche factory GT1 well right next to it( to the left) is the overall winning Joest Porsche WSC driven by Alboreto,Johansson, and Multi time Le Mans winner Tom Kristensen.

The other pics are of the BMW McLaren GTR my personal favorite from that yearon the start grid. BTW the McLaren's finished second and third overal that year. Both factory Porsche GT's crashed and the highest place for the Prosche GT1 was fifth.
Ofcourse no Le Mans is race withouth the Hawiian Tropic Babes!!!!!
Attached Images     
Old 03-02-2006, 11:22 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Here's a pic of me standing on the track as the cars roll out with the other photog's. The cars do one formation lap, then the green flag falls. That is the #10 Courage rolling out. I have to say this is the way to see a race. The cars roared right past me. The sound was just amazing!!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:31 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Here's a pic I took at night time. There is nothing in world like watching a night time pit stop at LeMans behind the front left tire changer of a Porsche 996 GT1 car. The driver getting in the car is ex F1 racer Padro Lamy. This #33 Porsche GT1 was highest finishing GT1 Porsche from that year. They finished 5th overall and 3rd in the GT1 class. Not bad!!

I kept my distance from the tire changers and team as best I could. You could feel the heat off that car. Holly cow those cars were HOT!!!
Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:32 PM
WJS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MHC2S,

Thanks for the pics, very cool. Sadly, I don't believe I'll be in the hot-pits for the Sebring. However, If I get any good shots, I'll post them.

Cheers,

Ward
Old 03-02-2006, 11:38 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WJS
MHC2S,

Thanks for the pics, very cool. Sadly, I don't believe I'll be in the hot-pits for the Sebring. However, If I get any good shots, I'll post them.

Cheers,

Ward
Yes Please do post pic's. I love pic's can't you tell
Sebring will be awesome you'll see a lot of GT3 Porsches both 997's and 996's. Have a blast!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:14 AM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Here's 2 more pic of my personal favorites during a night time pit stop/driver change. The McLaren F1 GTR's. The #41 Gulf McLaren in the first pic finished 2nd overall and first in GT1 class. In the next pic the #43 Factory BMW team Schnitzer McLaren F1 GTR finished 3rd overall and 2nd in class. These things sounded sick. The best sounding cars of that year for sure. I am very sad there in no GT1 class like back in those days
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Sebring 12 hour 2006