Hello all long time reader first time to post....well

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by setUout
ps im near the santa barbara alot when i go to chumash :-)

Those savages take a lot of money out of the locals!

DL
Old 02-28-2006, 05:57 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i have to disagree with all the pse promoters being that it is fairly costly and adds nothing to the performance.
if you wanted a better exhaust system i would research the after market systems that add performance as well as sound.

but, congratulations on the order and may your wait be short!
Old 02-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by setUout
yeah from your responses im going with the adaptive sport seats. seems that we are all the same size im also 6-6'1 athletic build. should be happy with them. i thought it would be alot easier to go through the options . wow was i wrong. thx for the quick responses as i have to confirm in the next few hours.
I would absolutely make sure those adaptive seats 'fit' you by going to the dealer and trying them out. I was set on getting them and just could not make my back and *** close to comfy! I'm 5'11" and around 185 lbs and those adpative seats were just digging in to me. They're a great item,...BUT make sure you can use them!
As for the PSE, that's a nice sound but frankly it does not increase power - and, believe me, at 5000-7200 rpm I find the stock exhaust close to deafening!
Welcome to the board!!!!
Glad you chose a C4S - coming up on 1500 miles and I'm grinning every second behind the wheel.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:37 PM
setUout
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive done ok at chumash.... no im not going to go with the pse im def . going aftermarket. but now youve got me worried about the adaptive sport seats. no i havent sat in them b4. i prb should do that tonight.the prb. is my local dealer are arseholes and had to order from a dealer from a bit further away. but seems like i might to make it. im told may del.....
Old 02-28-2006, 09:51 PM
canick
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you haven't sat in the AS seats then definitely go try them out. Also, don't let your dealer pressure you into anything. What is an extra week or month waiting for delivery of a car you may have for years. Trust me...once it arrives you forget how long you waited in the first place.

Also, if you dealer is giving you an allocation that is about to expire you will NOT be able to change any specs once they submit the order. That happened to me with Navigation which cost about 25% more to install after the fact.

Take your time...do it right...
Old 03-01-2006, 10:23 AM
setUout
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well my dilema somewhat continues ive now sat in all 3 seats
power seat , sport seat , and adaptive sport seat i found just 1 dealership 40miles from my
house last night that had a car with the AS seats i could try out funny thing the car was sold just
b4 i got there but got a chance to sit in them for a bit.

my dilema is that all three seats feel good to me. power seats are very nice and so are sport seats but have no power . the sport adaptive seats i really liked but the salesman and my buddy told me they are really heavy. like 60lbs min heavier each compared to the power or sport seats. is this true? if so ill go with either sport or power. talked to selesman and was told i could change my mind till friday without affecting build date. hmmmm
Old 03-01-2006, 11:37 AM
canick
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how much weight the AS seats add, but them being heavier sounds right. To me, seat comfort is much more important than saving 60 pounds in the car - besides, I figure my wife and I easily save that much by staying in shape.

If you didn't feel that much difference between the seats and are concerned about weight go with sports, as I bet they weigh the least of all three. If you felt much more comfortable in the AS seats and actually intend to drive your car for longer periods than a track lap or test drive then get what will give the most comfort.

Quick Reply: Hello all long time reader first time to post....well