Sponsored by:

One Thousand Mile Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 02:20 AM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default One Thousand Mile Update

I've just passed 1000 mile mark and am thoroughly enjoying every rotation of those 19 inch wheels. The car handles very well and the front-end-bob is less extreme then in previous cars. However, it will show itself depending on road condition and suspension setting. Acceleration is excellent and although I've yet to redline, I have felt and heard the beast that's unleashed @ 5000+ RPMs. It won't be long before I experience the full effect.

The commute to work is a rather short 4 miles. Fortunately, I live in an area with canyon roads that are well connected and lightly travelled during the week. This provides the perfect opportunity to extend the commute and enjoy the car to the fullest, especially on the way home.

I've been driving with sport mode on roughly 70% and alternating PASM between sport (very stiff good in canyon) and normal mode (comfy good for most types of street driving). After a taking the car through its paces, I enjoy sitting and listening to the sounds of engine as the heat dissipates and it settles in for a nights rest.

The sport seats are very comfortable. I really enjoy cool nights with the sunroof open and the seat heaters on high. I'm sure the Cab guys can relate. Overall, I'm very pleased and happy to be sharing this experience with all of you.

Work Log:
  • Check Engine Light (CEL) came on after pulling away from a stop sign @ the 600 mile mark. Dealer tested and found fault P2189 System too lean at idle bank 2 -- replaced oxygen sensor.
  • In-dash CD player not accepting disc - replaced PCM.
  • Exhaust tips replace per recall A601.
  • Consumed 2 qts. of oil.

Last edited by zumaron; 02-24-2006 at 03:00 AM.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:55 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like your having FUN.

Your oil consumption is most likley due to your short haul driving...
Get out and do some extended driving....like 2-300 miles in one direction...a road trip...like a weekend jaunt to the Grand Canyon 450mi one way.

BTW I've logged 16,500 mi and have used <2qt!!

Happy Motoring
Old 02-24-2006, 06:30 PM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

The longest run has been roughly 100 miles. I go to Mammoth on the weekends, which cuts into time that I could be going the Grand Canyon. I'll make time for a longer journey in near future.

Observations while CEL was on:
  • Idle not steady -- wouldn't characterize it as "rough"
  • While coming to a stop in neutral, the RPMs would not come down to 800 until car came to complete stop
Both of these conditions have since been resolved.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha ahhhh porsche
the only car that makes you want to move FARTHER from work!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:58 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Remember as MJ has said take it on longer runs or at least drive it hard. Either way the only reason you're consuming that amount of oil during break in is because of short trips. Enjoy the ride it only gets better.

Jay

Quick Reply: One Thousand Mile Update