Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Getting cold feet about ordering... (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/254958-getting-cold-feet-about-ordering.html)

500 02-21-2006 10:31 PM

Smaller cars just seem to feel faster compared to larger one's...

Vancouver83LTD 02-21-2006 11:09 PM

that's completely true, I drive a truck sometimes and it's amazing, I'll look down at the speedo and be like "whoah I'm going HOW fast?"

MHC2S 02-22-2006 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
that's completely true, I drive a truck sometimes and it's amazing, I'll look down at the speedo and be like "whoah I'm going HOW fast?"

So Vancouver what do you drive?? Is that your car in the avatar? Nice color. You drive a truck? so do I. I've got a 2005 Dodge diesel pick-up 4X4 for the snow days.

flat6er 02-22-2006 12:20 PM

I've Got An E500 And Doing The Same Thing....

I can appreciate your apprehension, but quite honestly, I don't think you're going to look back. When I bought the E500 (which certainly is not an E55), I thought it was a very sound choice, as I had a Boxster as a weekend car. My Black/Black E500 is dressed like an E55, so visually speaking, not much variance. However, over the course of the last two years, I've learned to regret the car. It performs reasonably well, but it's too big for me, and the majority of my friends/acquaintances really don't understand what the car is. I looked at is as a German "muscle car" but in reality, its really more of a luxury tourer. Granted, 302 hp isn't 469 hp but even so, it just doesn't feel that athletic and doesn't respond like a Porsche. When I jump in the Boxster, life gets back to normal again, driving the way I like to drive. My C2 blk/blk cab is also an April build - the sooner the better. To be fair, I will state that I am not getting rid of the E500 - at least for now, nor the Boxster. But I predict in a year that the E500 will end up being sold for non-use. As my wife says, "I won't drive it - looks like a limo."

Good luck with your decision!

Vancouver83LTD 02-22-2006 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by MHC2S
So Vancouver what do you drive?? Is that your car in the avatar? Nice color. You drive a truck? so do I. I've got a 2005 Dodge diesel pick-up 4X4 for the snow days.

No that avatar is just a stock rennlist avatar, but I haven't seen it used much. i need a better avatar.
I drive a truck occasionally. My other car is nothing to be proud of. I won't tell you what it is, but if you look at the clues, you can figure it out ;)

MHC2S 02-22-2006 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
No that avatar is just a stock rennlist avatar, but I haven't seen it used much. i need a better avatar.
I drive a truck occasionally. My other car is nothing to be proud of. I won't tell you what it is, but if you look at the clues, you can figure it out ;)

Sorry I didn't even know that was a stock avatar. It is a nice looking car though.

Vancouver83LTD 02-22-2006 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by MHC2S
Sorry I didn't even know that was a stock avatar. It is a nice looking car though.

Why are you apologizing, do I sound upset? :p
It is a nice colour, it's from the 70's clearly - when non metallic caolours were the norm and every Porsche was some sort of candy coloured paint