Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you use to dry your Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome - thanks to all who responded. This is exactly the kind of response I was hoping to get.

Now it is time to do some ordering!

RE: Water blade - wouldn't that increase the risk of scratches?
Old 02-20-2006, 05:44 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by riad
Adelie baby penguin chicks. I find about 3-5 are required to dry the entire car.

For you guys up north, you can substitute the penguins with baby Eastern Canadian Snow Geese. Great thing about the Snow Geese is that you only need 2.

ymmv,
Rob
NICE!

(yeah, I'm a bit behind on rennlist - I've been too busy playing with the new car )

BTW, Rob, I'd love to hear what you think of the new C4s after you have had a chance to drive one. I can't help but think you'll love it, even if it is missing your beloved rear reflector.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:51 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by OCBen
Ron, I can't believe you'd seriously consider using a cotton towel.
Ha, ha - well believe it or not, ages ago I used to be a detailer. However, I'll admit that my "skill" was more obvious on the interior than the exterior. I used nothing but high quality cotton towels back then and when used properly (and more importantly cleaned properly -- no dryer sheets) they worked fine.

I'll get out of the 80's and move into the 2000's and start getting some microfiber towels. This is why I started this thread because I thought I did read your car care links from your signature, but I didn't recall seeing links to places to purchase them.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
NICE!

(yeah, I'm a bit behind on rennlist - I've been too busy playing with the new car )

BTW, Rob, I'd love to hear what you think of the new C4s after you have had a chance to drive one. I can't help but think you'll love it, even if it is missing your beloved rear reflector.
I can't wait to drive the new C4S. I would think, no hope, it's a better performer than the 996 C4S.

The rear reflector is certainly disappointing. Wouldn't stop me from buying it, but I would miss the distinction.

Also, I'm disappointed that Porsche chose not to include many standard features in the 997 C4S that they did with the 996. It really did, in my view, make the 996 C4S the best valued 996, and some, me included would say the best looking.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:21 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by riad
I can't wait to drive the new C4S. I would think, no hope, it's a better performer than the 996 C4S.

The rear reflector is certainly disappointing. Wouldn't stop me from buying it, but I would miss the distinction.

Also, I'm disappointed that Porsche chose not to include many standard features in the 997 C4S that they did with the 996. It really did, in my view, make the 996 C4S the best valued 996, and some, me included would say the best looking.
I agree with your assessment that the 996 C4s was a great value and the best looking 996! I almost bought one myself and was highly annoyed with Porsche for not giving the 997 the same special treatment from both a value and asthetics perspective.

After having this car at home for a few days, I forgive them. This car is as close to perfection as you can get in my book.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:38 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The water blade hasn't scratched any of my cars. Cotton Towels and synthetic towels are too much trouble to me. I never have to wring the blade out, I just wipe the excess wetness off with a hand towel. I dry my car in half the time which was very helpful today I might add.

Originally Posted by ronmart
Awesome - thanks to all who responded. This is exactly the kind of response I was hoping to get.

Now it is time to do some ordering!

RE: Water blade - wouldn't that increase the risk of scratches?

Quick Reply: What do you use to dry your Porsche?