Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I stopped by my Porsche dealer today and ordered some new toys…

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 04:22 PM
erikjwells
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my sport shifter... in aluminum look...

~erik
Old 02-28-2006, 05:44 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 997driver
i think i'll def look into getting the sport shifter. It's very typical for short shifters to be stubborn when the car is cold, it's something I have yet to be able to explain
It is only first gear that is stubborn, and it is primarily before the engine hits 200 degrees F on a cold day (< 40). I had mine installed from the factory, so I'm pretty confident it isn't an installation issue, I think it is just a "feature". It also may loosen up when the car gets broken in.

I should also point out that it really isn't an issue when the car is perfectly still. However, if I drop to neutral to coast over a speed bump, and want to go back into first because I'm going so slow, that is where it is a challenge to get into first when it is cold. The solution is easy though, just start in 2nd until the car is warmed up and all is well.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:01 PM
erikjwells
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
It is only first gear that is stubborn, and it is primarily before the engine hits 200 degrees F on a cold day (< 40). I had mine installed from the factory, so I'm pretty confident it isn't an installation issue, I think it is just a "feature". It also may loosen up when the car gets broken in.
Ditto on mine, factory installed... kinda stubborn in first when cold.... but you learn to adapt pretty quickly.

~erik

Quick Reply: I stopped by my Porsche dealer today and ordered some new toys…