Sponsored by:

Exhaust Tips Recall

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:03 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NoSubEDU
Well, OCBen, if you must insist, your the moron for assuming you know everything.

In fact, I'm just trying to enligten the group to the fact that PSE mufflers and tips are NOT excluded from the defect.
If you bothered to take the time to read my post instead of assuming you know what I'm trying to say then you won't come across as <deleted>. The simple fact is that my post which you were attempting to refute still stands true and factual. I suggest you read it and try to comprehend this time, and point out what you think was wrong with that statement, if you can.

And I suppose you didn't bother to read the recall notice either:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...29&postcount=7

Last edited by OCBen; 02-15-2006 at 01:35 PM. Reason: deleted inflamatory comments
Old 02-15-2006, 01:10 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Ben, I'm talking about this post you made:

Originally Posted by OCBen
Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
Can I confirm this again please: I have PSE. Are PSE equiped cars not within the recall? In other words, only NON-PSE cars will be recalled?
If you saw the pic in my post immediately above you'd see the suspect weld. And you'd realize that your PSE equipped car does not have those tips. (Click on the link I provided.)

Your suggesting that the PSE system does not fall under the recall. I know for a fact that PSE systems have had similar failures.

<edited since it really doesn't matter...>

But I stick by my point...PSE systems have had the failure too, I know, I had one.

(and I still meant what I said in my PM...)
Old 02-15-2006, 01:28 PM
P997C2S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if they are being recalled or not...I just know that PSE equipped cars are not excluded from the defect. Whether or not PCNA knows this or not and has included this in their recall, I do not know.
Thanks. It's certainly possible that some PSE equipped cars have a related defect. I have a ’06 997 S with PSE but AFAIK it is not included in this recall campaign.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:30 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Your suggesting that the PSE system does not fall under the recall. I know for a fact that PSE systems have had similar failures.
I was not at all suggesting that the PSE system is not subject to any recall. I made no such assertion. I only pointed out that PSE equipped cars do not have the fake quad tips that the standard 997S has, which are obviously under recall.

The official recall notice that we've been talking about in this thread, which MJones posted, does not involve the PSE exhaust tips. The standard 997S tips, which I have and posted a pic of, are clearly affected by this recall notice, which most of us have gotten in the mail by now. I haven't heard of any PSE owners receiving a recall notice either.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:36 PM
NoSubEDU
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

No problem! I'm glad that we got that straightened out.

Basically, the notices are concerning 997S owners with equipped exhausts manufactured during certain build dates. I just wanted those with PSE to know (and probably request some further investigation with your dealer) regarding the bad welds.

But yes, I think we are both right. The notice and recall is for 997S exhausts (and says nothing about PSE). I just wanted ya'll to know that there are known PSE with bad welds too. So those with PSE, your not necessarily in the clear.

It's really no concern, because if the rattle does appear, it will most likely happen during the warranty period and will be covered by PCNA at no cost. It just sucks because you have to order the PSE (which took a few weeks) and then you lose the car for a few precious hours.

Now back to your regular scheduled programming....

Quick Reply: Exhaust Tips Recall