997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Order - Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006 | 09:47 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

In the time-honored process of beating these things to death: Instead of ordering the factory aluminum footrest(which is for the dead pedal only), try aftermarket. The cost is the same as for a full 4 pedal set. I used "Ultimate Pedals", who can also engrave the Porsche crest on the surface. There are other fabricators also that make really good looking stuff.

Check with your salesman about leather backs on sport seats, I think you are wrong that it is included.(I wish this conjecture was wrong, it is a $1600+ option.) They can also be had with exterior matched paint.
Old 02-11-2006 | 11:36 AM
bravocharlie
Instructor

Originally Posted by MichaelL
Check with your salesman about leather backs on sport seats, I think you are wrong that it is included.(I wish this conjecture was wrong, it is a $1600+ option.) They can also be had with exterior matched paint.
Thanks. I checked with the sales manager. He says the leather seat backs are included when full leather (AT) is selected. However, I went back into the Porsche Configurator and looked at the 3D renderings with the various options selected and it appears as though you are correct. I'll have him verify this with the factory.

Quick Reply: New Order - Suggestions?