Sponsored by:

04 GT3 or 06 997s?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 02:13 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I have had an '04 SY GT3 for almost 2 years, now. The car is fantastic and I do not plan on selling it. My daily ride is an '02 Carrera which is being sold for a 997S scheduled for May delivery. The bottom line is that the GT3 is rather unique, but I, myself, would not drive it every day. The lip spoiler scrapes, the ride is stiff, there is no sunroof, there are suspension noises. The 997 is somewhat of a compromise, but is the preferred one for daily driving. However, I do "drive" Porsches. I do not use a cell phone while driving and hate Nav. systems and too many creature comforts. The 997 will have sport exhaust, sport seats, steering wheel and sports shifter. Good luck on your choice.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:18 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GT3 guys will beat theirs collective chests (just as the Elise guys do) that you have to be truly special to appreciate the GT3. Don't let such posturing get in your way of evaluating the two cars. Lots of people (like me) have a deep appreciation for the GT3 but not room in the stable for one.

As an occasional street car (but not a daily driver) and track car, it's very tough to beat the GT3. They are pretty cheap now, and there has been a pretty good inventory of them.

The S is more refined in every way, and is a far, far better sports car *for the real world*. Meaning, it's pretty fun to drive under a wide variety of conditions and not the narrow window of conditions the GT3 is good within. After coming to terms with this and not willing to compromise, I sold the GT3, bought a 997S and a badass dedicated track car.

Horses for courses.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:59 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joker
http://www.porsche.com/all/originmotorsport/uk.aspx

I dont know if u lot have seen this but im sold on white
Any ideas how much a UK GT3 would be ?
I'm in!

Quick Reply: 04 GT3 or 06 997s?