Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions Solicited on Center Consoles Painted Exterior Color

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006 | 06:27 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
By the way, Ben, since we are way off topic anyway... I have easily done a 100+ searches since I started scouring this forum, and you have been clearly the one contributor I benefited most from. No kissing *** here, but I thought that if we had to pay you a dime for each incidence of help you give, you could definitely afford your new house.
Wolfgang, I'm flattered. How kind for you to say so. But half the time I'm just blowing hot air.

But I like your idea! Looks like that might be the only way for me to afford it!

The saying used to be, "If I had a nickle for every time..." But I guess with inflation a dime is more appropriate these days. LOL
Old 02-03-2006 | 06:57 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Ben, I'll PM you my personal email so you can shoot me some pics.

Cheers,
Dell
Old 02-03-2006 | 10:18 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Stats prof myself (Ph.D. in Research Methods). I teach at both UNLV and the local CC. What a small world.
Hey Dell, I'm into Sadistics too. Oops.
Old 02-03-2006 | 11:29 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
You guys are very brave stats profs, I must say; unless - of course - you don't take your p-cars to school. At many universities, the cars of statistics professors are at the risk of, uhm, becoming the targets of slightly irritated students?

Marketing professor myself, so I'm safe.
Okay, way off topic now, but I can't resist....All right, now I'm in good company LVDell and Soulteacher! All the other profs I know drive either Subarus, VWs, or some kind of minivan! The secret is that I teach only Ph.D. students who are generally mature and not easily prone to iritation. I don't give many students reason to get irritated--a Ph.D. student really has to screw up in order to earn a B! Invariably, my students get (and deserve As). I drive my Cayenne S to campus usually, but when it is sunny the cab comes out to play. My lot is a covered parking garage that is gated and regularly patroled by campus security. I chose the lot for all of those reasons, plus that I can always get a plum spot that is so protected I am guaranteed to never even risk a door ding, not to mention risk any student unrest. Few students know I have the cab, but most know about the Cayenne. Let's put it this way, I don't advertise the fact!
Old 02-04-2006 | 12:05 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by OCBen
Wolfgang, I'm flattered. How kind for you to say so. But half the time I'm just blowing hot air.

But I like your idea! Looks like that might be the only way for me to afford it!

The saying used to be, "If I had a nickle for every time..." But I guess with inflation a dime is more appropriate these days. LOL

If I had a nickel for everytime I've helped out someone on this forum....
well, I'd still be living where I am :P
Old 02-04-2006 | 12:09 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by STATMAN
Okay, way off topic now, but I can't resist....All right, now I'm in good company LVDell and Soulteacher! All the other profs I know drive either Subarus, VWs, or some kind of minivan! The secret is that I teach only Ph.D. students who are generally mature and not easily prone to iritation. I don't give many students reason to get irritated--a Ph.D. student really has to screw up in order to earn a B! Invariably, my students get (and deserve As). I drive my Cayenne S to campus usually, but when it is sunny the cab comes out to play. My lot is a covered parking garage that is gated and regularly patroled by campus security. I chose the lot for all of those reasons, plus that I can always get a plum spot that is so protected I am guaranteed to never even risk a door ding, not to mention risk any student unrest. Few students know I have the cab, but most know about the Cayenne. Let's put it this way, I don't advertise the fact!
One teacher in my school would vehemently deny the fact that he had a gorgeous guard's red 951... If you said porsche he said "no no, I have a volkswagen"
"Then why is there a porsche key on your keychain?"
"It's a volkswagen" *sly smile*

Rarely drove it to school, and when he did, he parked it behind the shop class in the courtyard, between the shop teacher's pickups.

Another one of the shop / drafting and design teachers drove a big old 89' GMC Sierra, big brown and black beast.... and then at home had a gorgeous late 911S in black....
Old 02-04-2006 | 01:04 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

STATSMAN we are too alike! I drive the Pepper on most days but drive the CAB on the sunny days. As well, I park in a reserved spot in the parking garage.

Unfortunately, I only have the "honor" of enlightening the minds of undergrads. Tough crowd. Less motivation. One day when tenure is on the horizon hopefully I am teaching the doctoral crowd. I envy you right now but enjoy the challenge
Old 02-04-2006 | 01:17 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

a Ph.D. student really has to screw up in order to earn a B!
I made a B in multivariate.
Old 02-04-2006 | 01:52 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
STATSMAN we are too alike! I drive the Pepper on most days but drive the CAB on the sunny days. As well, I park in a reserved spot in the parking garage.

Unfortunately, I only have the "honor" of enlightening the minds of undergrads. Tough crowd. Less motivation. One day when tenure is on the horizon hopefully I am teaching the doctoral crowd. I envy you right now but enjoy the challenge
I just earned tenure a couple of years ago. Some of my colleagues love the large lecture classes with undergrads. They take on a talk-show host personna in order to entertain and "enlighten" the younger crowd, but they love it. Personally, I have always enjoyed the small classes of 10-15 Ph.D. students--much more personal feel than a 200+ student lecture hall.

A B in multivariate Soulteacher! Well, we all got one of those somewhere along the line.
Old 02-04-2006 | 01:59 AM
aaoun
Instructor

lol. my dad's a dean/linguistics professor and he only drives a C70 turbo vert....i need to get him on these forums!

Quick Reply: Opinions Solicited on Center Consoles Painted Exterior Color